blue screen after booting OSX - GFX problem ....

jahfish

3 posts in this topic

i'm having a hard time setting up my hackintosh again. almost everything works, except that i cant get my videocard to work properly .... the screen turns blue after booting OSX, basically at the moment the normal desktop should appear. without any mod, the screen showed up in 1024x768

i did several installs and tried different techniques.

right now i manually edited Boot.plist and added the device properties string for my card and

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>"Graphics Mode"="1920x1080x32"</string>

without the kernel flag part i would just get a blue screen, with the Graphics Mode setting i get (at least) 1280x1024 resolution.

does anyone have an idea what to do to set up the right resolution?

my setup:

gigabyte GA-P35-DS3P

8 GB Gskill RAM

2,4 Ghz core 2 quad

WD 1TB sata disk

LG sata DV burner

nvidia 7200GS

Asus HD monitor (VW246U)

SL installer + [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] 3.9.1 (chimera 1.5.4) + combo update 10.6.7

extras folder contains:

ALC8xxHDA.kext

ElliottForceLegacyRTC.kext

EvOreboot.kext

FakeSMC.kext

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

other than that, only the com.apple.boot.plist has been manually edited as described above

would be great to get some feedback!

PS: i've alternatively tried a Asus GT520 Silent videocard (from a PC setup) but the image would not be full screen, not even the bios window when booting up. i suppose there is no support for 5xx cards on SL yet?

PPS: i experienced another weird thing: when now booting up with the USB stick that has the OSX SL installer, i actually get the right resolution with all available screen sizes in the preferences menu. WTF?