10.4.6 running on a Dell Inspiron B130 (1300)

wilem

3 posts in this topic

I am happy to say that I have 10.4.6 running on my laptop now. The only issue I have is sound but I have ready that a driver is being ported/created so I can hold out. It is running very well on this machine.

I have had Windows Vista beta, Windows XP and Ubuntu Dapper Drake on this machine and I must say that out of all of those OS'es, Mac OS X is performing better. Here are my specs for reference.

Celeron 1.4 M

1GB of RAM

Intel 915 Graphics

Sigmatel 9200 Audio

Wireless (erm, I forgot what it is)

My wireless came up flawlessly during the install. I am very happy so far. These forums were a great help during my install. I am looking forward for the audio driver so I can start fully enjoying my install.

I suggest you overlcock you processor to about 1.8ghz like I did with mine - works a treat without adverse effects. http://www.hackaday.com/2006/03/07/pentium-m-overclocking/ Works with Celeron Ms too. I have 10.4.7 running on my 1300 so upgrade to that without worries.

Thanks for the link.

Also, an update for the sound. While not a fix for the 9200 audio issue, I had a USB headset that I hooked up and isntalled the USB audio support from the install DVD. It works! So now I have sound via a USB headset which is fine because my laptop's speakers suck. If anyone wants sound bad enough you can get a headset. I am using a Plantronics DPS 500 headset. Sounds fine.