Marvell Yukon 88E8056 100 or 1000?

Makkoz

6 posts in this topic

Hi, i have changed my motherboard this day with a p5q-deluxe version from asus. All is working good, but i found a problem with my lan. I tried different kexts and used also ionetworking kext modified. But from my system profiler it said always 100mbit lan and not 1000 as gigabit. I tested the lan speed and seems working really as 100mbit. What can i do? I tried to modify manually from network preferences but if i do it stop working.

Thank you

Mark

This

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=60

See post #7 for complete P5Q DSDT.

Use IORegistryExplorer (or similar util on Windows) to verify that the 88E8056 lives at P0P9 on your motherboard as well.

Don't mess with IONetworkingFamily.kext (it might get updated and you will lose your 88E8056 patch) use a LegacyAppleYukon2.kext. I've been using mine since Leopard and it still works.

• Like 1

Hi, thanks for your reply. I've added the method to my dsdt but i don't understand about kexts. I don't have to modify ionetworking? i tried to modify that as other guide i read but no change always 100mbit. Can you post your kexts? Thank you. if you need i can post my dsdt later.

Thank you

Mark

Finally i found a solution, i tried a different dsdt version from another p5q deluxe but was same result. I don't know if works with old dsdt but i think no change. The problem was the cable (Strange because my old pc can works at 1000 anyway with same cable). Now i changed it with cable from modem to router. Now said 1000 :D

Thank you again for help.

Mark