Booting problem in MAC OS X Setup

Chaitanya_cr8

5 posts in this topic

Hi!!

I am currently using Win7 and want to install Mac OS X.

I tried to boot the Mac OS X 10.5.6 with boot flags : -v -f -cpus=1 busratio=18 (for my Intel i3 - 370 M CPU, I have found this to work on the internet). But this did a Kernel Panic.

I have attached a screenshot. Its a Kernel panic.

Whats funny is that this had allowed me to boot into the setup earlier but I had to quit the partition due to some trouble with the partitions. It never allowed me to boot again.

Then to try something different, I tried 10.6.6 with same boot flags. No improvement.

Then tried [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] + 10.5.6 and [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] + 10.6.6. No use again.

Please help me out!! I desperately want Mac OS X!!

post-808235-1321535757_thumb.jpg

I have a Snow Leopard (10.6) guide over here. Try it and see what happens.

First of all, THANKS!! That was helpful!!

Couple of things I would like to tell:

1. In Unknown Devices, I have chipset as Unknown.

Everything else is detected properly. I am unable to get the VEN_ or DEV_ numbers for the chipset.

I tried to find it out in CPU-Z. Details of the chipset are:

Manufacturer : HP

Model : 144A

Chipset : Intel Havendale/ Clarkdale Host Bridge Rev 02

Southbridge : Intel HM 55 Rev 05

2. I successfully booted from the OSx86 Mod CD.

Then, I used Hazard 10.6.6i. as I am yet to get a retail copy.

Got myself into the GUI Setup. Bootflags: busratio=18 (NO mach_kernel as not using retail)

Successfully completed the setup by selecting proper drivers in setup but couldn't boot into installed Mac OS.

Is OSx86 Mod CD + Hazard 10.6.6i possible?

First of all, THANKS!! That was helpful!!

Couple of things I would like to tell:

1. In Unknown Devices, I have chipset as Unknown.

Everything else is detected properly. I am unable to get the VEN_ or DEV_ numbers for the chipset.

I tried to find it out in CPU-Z. Details of the chipset are:

Manufacturer : HP

Model : 144A

Chipset : Intel Havendale/ Clarkdale Host Bridge Rev 02

Southbridge : Intel HM 55 Rev 05

2. I successfully booted from the OSx86 Mod CD.

Then, I used Hazard 10.6.6i. as I am yet to get a retail copy.

Got myself into the GUI Setup. Bootflags: busratio=18 (NO mach_kernel as not using retail)

Successfully completed the setup by selecting proper drivers in setup but couldn't boot into installed Mac OS.

Is OSx86 Mod CD + Hazard 10.6.6i possible?

I don't think you need to know your chipset. The ModCD has support for most (if not all) chipsets out there.

OSx86 ModCD + Hazard 10.6.6i may be possible, but I have not tried it. The ModCD is designed for a retail disc. A distro (like Hazard) is bootable on its own and does not need a boot CD like the OSx86 ModCD. However, there are three problems with distros:

1. They can be very unorthodox and hard to configure

2. You cannot use Apple's OS updates

3. It is absolutely illegal.

So, I would advise purchasing a non-10.6.8 retail disc (less than U.S. $50) and trying the ModCD from there. :)