[SOLVED] Audio / Video Stuttering issue.

Neo Toxin

4 posts in this topic

Ok so I ran into some audio issues between my on-board and HDMI audio, those issues were - sort of - fixed, but I just ended up doing a fresh install of Snow leopard anyway.

The issue is that I have horribly stuttering, stretched, slowed down, choppy, audio. And some videos play faster than the audio and others play smooth but with the choppy audio. I really cant explain all of it because its different depending on what im doing. I have provided a link to a youtube video of the issue, link is at the bottom of the post. The video is of my system, doing a few different things that all cause similar but different problems.

I have tried using a USB Turtle Beach Audio Advantage Micro which is natively compatible with OS X, when using that I didn't install Voodoohda or any patched AppleHDA. I am running the dongle with the stock apple kexts.

When using my On-board HDA I used VoodooHDA (tried several versions) and I had to modify the kext to ignore my HDMI audio. I had the exact same issue.

Lastly The audio worked beautifully prior to updating from 10.6 to 10.6.8. It worked perfect with the On-board and the USB both. But after updating to 10.6.8 I have the issue you see in the video.

System specs are in my sig, The issue is on Desktop 1.

Please read the video description for more details.

Ok well I solved this one relatively fast. I'll Explain:

I was downloading Google Chrome, and I notced that while the file was downloading the audio cleared up a little (still sounded like {censored} but it was a little better). Then when it finished it sounded like complete {censored} again, but when I copied it to my Applications folder the audio cleared up again.......

So with just a little bit of thinking I decided to check my CPU's power management setting in my BIOS, I check to see if things like Cool n Quiet were enabled, and they weren't. I realized that something about my CPU's usage was affecting my audio, and I confirmed this by running a CPU stress test while playing some music and what do you know, crystal clear audio.

After a little digging and googling I decided to try the "busratio=" command at boot. So I took my CPU Multiplier which in My case is 16 and added "busratio=16" to my boot flags in chameleon, once I booted back up, perfect crystal clear audio, and I even got a little bit of a performance increase as well.

Ok well I solved this one relatively fast. I'll Explain:

I was downloading Google Chrome, and I notced that while the file was downloading the audio cleared up a little (still sounded like {censored} but it was a little better). Then when it finished it sounded like complete {censored} again, but when I copied it to my Applications folder the audio cleared up again.......

So with just a little bit of thinking I decided to check my CPU's power management setting in my BIOS, I check to see if things like Cool n Quiet were enabled, and they weren't. I realized that something about my CPU's usage was affecting my audio, and I confirmed this by running a CPU stress test while playing some music and what do you know, crystal clear audio.

After a little digging and googling I decided to try the "busratio=" command at boot. So I took my CPU Multiplier which in My case is 16 and added "busratio=16" to my boot flags in chameleon, once I booted back up, perfect crystal clear audio, and I even got a little bit of a performance increase as well.

Going to try on my AMD system with the same problem