Bootloaders Better Then Distros?

seekdestroy16

2 posts in this topic

Do bootloaders work the same way that distros work?, like leo4all and such and such?. If so, what is the best bootloader for AMD system in trying to get Lion installed?.

With Lion being kind of a new OS I have been trying to get Snow Leopard onto my Biostar A770E3, with no luck so far. At least the

"SNOWLEO MAC Snow Leopard OSX86_64 For INTEL/AMD 32/64 MBR/GUID" disk I used got to where it said:

"unable to Mount /dev/disk1s1 (statuscode 0x00000047)"

and then after that on other attempts:

"still waiting on root device"

My specifications are:

Biostar A770E3

16GB's RAM

AMD Phenom X6 1100T

GTX 260

150GB HDD

Do bootloaders work the same way that distros work?, like leo4all and such and such?. If so, what is the best bootloader for AMD system in trying to get Lion installed?.

Bootloaders help you boot your hack, a distro is a prebuilt install package created by someone who may or may not know how well it will work on your hardware and probably contains the same bootloader within the package. Better to learn how to do it all your yourself and go the retail route than using a distro. That way you will know your system and be able to troubleshoot and fix your system easier.

PS, and get an Intel chip, Apple does not use AMD and the closer your hardware is to a real Apple the less problems you will have. Each upgrade for you with that AMD means you will have to recompile a new kernel...ugh!