XFX Radeon HD 5670

Daurora2008

2 posts in this topic

I got this card because from the research done it is supposed to just work with 10.6.8. Sadly it did not. When I looked at the information in System Profiler it is labeled as GPU with 3MB of memory. Shows the vendor and device ID correctly and the kexts that use these ID's have them. I verified they are correct with Windows 7. I can't think of anything to get it to work. Don't know if anyone else is having the same issue as I am. If anyone else has and have already fixed the problem please help me out. This has me stumped.

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-G41MT-USB3 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16813128489

CPU: Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5800 @ 3.2Ghz

RAM: 2GB Kingston

Hard Drive: 2TB Western Digital

• 2 weeks later...

I am using your exact card with 10.6.8 as I type this to you. It was after an install from tonymacx86's tools.. nothing more. However, I should mention that the HDMI and DVI ports appear to mirror each other with presently no option to do otherwise.

I can get you further details if you like.. I admit to being a newb. Just wanted to let you know that someone has it working :unsure:

I got this card because from the research done it is supposed to just work with 10.6.8. Sadly it did not. When I looked at the information in System Profiler it is labeled as GPU with 3MB of memory. Shows the vendor and device ID correctly and the kexts that use these ID's have them. I verified they are correct with Windows 7. I can't think of anything to get it to work. Don't know if anyone else is having the same issue as I am. If anyone else has and have already fixed the problem please help me out. This has me stumped.

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-G41MT-USB3 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16813128489

CPU: Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5800 @ 3.2Ghz

RAM: 2GB Kingston

Hard Drive: 2TB Western Digital