(solved) iatkos L1 post installation problem

ncmontas

15 posts in this topic

Had successfully installed Lion using iatkos L1. But unfortunately there are some problems encountered

1. Facetime problem after verifying my account, it gives an error.

2. App store cannot login

3. PS2 mouse does not work, already loaded appleps2controller.kext and voodoops2controller.kext still not working.

4. strange but when my usb mass storage(buffalo 1G) is plugged in, the system cannot continue booting on Lion OS. It seems it is reading my mass storage device and it is searching for a boot file/device. But when it is unplugged it booted fine.

1 - install the latest chimera bootloader (it includes the fix for facetime)

2 - idem

3 - Is your keyboard plugged with usb ? If so use an PS2 keyboard or a USB mouse. Don't mix usb keyboard with PS2 mouse.

4 - Add "Scan Single Drive=Yes" to your com.apple.Boot.plist if the bootloader hangs. If the bios hangs, verify your bios settings.

1 will try to download the latest chimera bootloader and will report result later.

2 idem? may i ask what is IDEM

3 yes i have a USB keyboard and a PS2 mouse so i guess this is a no no combination.

4 adding those line fixed the problem

1 will try to download the latest chimera bootloader and will report result later.

2 idem? may i ask what is IDEM

3 yes i have a USB keyboard and a PS2 mouse so i guess this is a no no combination.

4 adding those line fixed the problem

Lol, idem means "same solution as question 1". Sorry, I'm french and I thought this word was used in english also :thumbsup_anim:

Lol, idem means "same solution as question 1". Sorry, I'm french and I thought this word was used in english also :rolleyes:
idem is actually in latin so he should've understood it, I did anyway

And for the Mac App Store problem I fixed it with just adding this to my org.chameleon.boot.plist

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>

idem is actually in latin so he should've understood it, I did anyway

And for the Mac App Store problem I fixed it with just adding this to my org.chameleon.boot.plist

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Hi mootje,

Already implemented the ethernetbuiltin = yes in the boot.plist but result is still the same. Still not able to download and implement chimera bootloader.

UPDATE:

I was able to installed latest chimera (standalone installer) by installing it to my OSX Lion Drive, it installed successfully without an error, but unfortunately facetime and app store has the same error. I don't know if it successfully patch my previous bootloader. Since problem still persist.

UPDATE:

I was able to installed latest chimera (standalone installer) by installing it to my OSX Lion Drive, it installed successfully without an error, but unfortunately facetime and app store has the same error. I don't know if it successfully patch my previous bootloader. Since problem still persist.

There's a networking plist file (name escapes me) you need to delete. After rebooting it will rebuild itself and place your ethernet as eth0. That fixed it for me.

My only other issue is Sleep will not work. Screen goes black but everything keeps running. Double clicking the mouse brings the screen back as if nothing happened.

Edit: This is the file you need to delete: /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist

After I did this I had some bluetooth issues and KP but after a few restarts and getting bluetooth mouse/keyboard working it was fine. But still didn't resolve my sleep. App store and facetime work fine.

This allowed me to log to mac app store successfully :

I used EFI Studio to generate "Built-in Ethernet" strings. Added the strings to device properties in com.apple.Boot.plist

So now I have fixed my Ethernet built-in problem, whereas the arg "EthernetBuiltIn=Yes" didn't work for me.

Unfortunately, this didn't fix my Icloud account.

EFIStudio.zip