How do i get to add -v or others before boot?

biglips

9 posts in this topic

I got lion to install but i get the kernel panic after reboot ,I would like to put in a -v or something else but i can't seem to get it in the mode to write anything ,how do i do that ? Thks

But when you reboot, after the BIOS loads, it does get to the point where Chameleon is sitting there waiting for you to choose your startup disk right? Right there is where you type in -v and then hit return. Unless you have "Quiet Boot=Yes"in your com.Chameleon.Boot.plist file.

That's what I'm talking about, when you get to the point where you have to choose which system to load, type -v and then select the Lion drive and hit return and you should be verbose mode. Then whatever line is right before the crash should help you to determine what is causing the problem. Good luck!

Isn't that for Windows? Why not use Chameleon? It allows you to both both Mac and Windows...and allows the extra options I'm talking about. Unless it's a situation where you might have to reinstall Windows. You should research dual booting options for your particular setup.