Motherboard choice

3 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I would only your advice if this motherboard with this cpu can optimal work with 10.4.6 Jas version.

intel d945gntlkr

Intel Pentium D 940

Can I install osx on this configuration, native without patch? it's fully work?? (audio, video, IDE, SATA, ieee1394 ecc. ecc..)

Anyone have tried?

Thank you very much!

intel d945gntlkr

Can I install osx on this configuration, native without patch?

Possibly, if you were able to flash the TPM chip with Apple's code or otherwise emulate such a TPM chip. But otherwise, no, you need to run a hacked version of OSx86.

it's fully work?? (audio, video, IDE, SATA, ieee1394 ecc. ecc..)

I am not sure where support with the SigmaTel 9220 audio controller chip stands, but that is the only rough spot. On mine you need to install the 10.4.3 version of AppleHDA.kext to get it working and then you only have stereo output from the wrong rear port. That's no problem for me and everything else works fine.

See this thread for more information: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=7393

Hi,

thank you for you fast reply!

....sure I know that I must install a craked version of osx. I have the 10.4.6 Jas version and I want know if this version fully support your hardware configuration.... I have seen that you had some problem with IDE/SATA connector....

This version of osx recognise the sata or I must change the setting in the bios for sata connector in IDE mode... and after have patched the system came back in sata mode?

...So, I want put my brurned JAS 10.4.6 dvd in, and install osx; that it.

My question was ... Your hardware configuration is complete recognise from os x or I must change/patched something after the installation? .... the only problem is the audio controller?

You system.... is effective very fast and stable?

Thank you

Bye