10.7.2 Problems

stuppy_

7 posts in this topic

Hi

I have decided to open a new topic based on my new problems I am having with 10.7.2

Firstly - a new problem since updating to 10.7.2.

My graphics are not working. The computer boots and is usuable by remote desktop - but when it hits the desktop the screen simply goes into power saving mode.

This one stumps me. As far as I know my graphics info is in my DSDT file. I have never had to use any third party installer or kext to get graphics working. I have just updated to the latest version of Chameleon (from 1003). That didn't fix it. I am using Chameleon Wizard to edit the options for the boot plist. I have GraphicsEnabler=Yes selected. Just cannot figure out why its not working. When you remote log in, the screen resolution is not what it should be for my screen. In system profiler - the graphics card does appear to be showing up properly.

Secondly is my ongoing battle with my sound. Every time I update I get my sound dies. I do not have a kext for my sound - as again I thought the DSDT was doing the job for sound.

13/10/2011 11:57:15.000 kernel: Sound assertion "0 == pathMap_aDriverInstance" failed in AppleHDADriver at line 2037 goto Exit
13/10/2011 11:57:15.000 kernel: Sound assertion "0 != createAudioEngines ( fPathMap_aDriverInstance )" failed in AppleHDADriver at line 207 goto Exit
13/10/2011 11:57:15.000 kernel: Sound assertion "false == me->completeStart ()" failed in AppleHDADriver at line 996 goto Exit

I get these lines in the boot log.

I have attached my DSDT.aml file along with some screen shots and a boot log.

I will admit that my knowledge of the hackintosh thing is sparse. I have managed to get by with help from people on here in the past. Any further help is always greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Archive.zip

Unless you have got a real mac you need another kext for the sound since version 10.6.3 even with patched DSDT

Possible sollutions:

- Look for the 10.6.2 kext and replace it after updates

- Install VoodooHDA

- Patch the kext yourself with HDA Wizard after updates (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=266531)

David.

Thanks D!!

also, if anyone is also looking for the back screen fix, its on another thread in this forum:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1759594

I have a GTS 250 (512MB) card and upon booting OS X following the 10.7.2 update, I was also greeted by a black screen.

I had been using an EFI string in my com.apple.boot.plist to inject the graphics card, but this apparently was causing the system to fail.

I tried the following:

1. Removed my DSDT just in case it was causing problems-- I don't have graphics injection in my DSDT so this didn't make a difference. For the remaining attempts, the DSDT remained in /Extra.

2. Removed EFI String from com.apple.boot.plist, but kept <GraphicsEnabler><No> key in com.apple.boot.plist-- this allowed OS X to boot into the GUI, but without proper resolution or accelerated graphics.

3. Removed EFI String, changed <GraphicsEnabler> key to <Yes> -- this booted with "full" QE/CI and proper resolution, but it was extremely choppy with intermittent white flashes on the screen and buggy animations.

4. Removed EFI string, changed <GraphicsEnabler> key to <No>, and added NVEnabler.kext (64-bit) to /Extra/Extensions-- a verbose boot indicated that the extension wasn't being loaded, so no dice.

5. Removed EFI string, changed <GraphicsEnabler> key to <No>, and added NVEnabler.kext (64-bit) to /System/Library/Extensions and repaired with KextUtility-- VOILA!

Hope that helps somebody. Check my signature for more details on the rest of my hardware. Feel free to PM me if you have a similar card and can't get it to work!

Now, if we can take care of this iCloud business of my Apple ID not being recognized as an iCloud ID... grr...

I have a GTS 250 (512MB) card and upon booting OS X following the 10.7.2 update, I was also greeted by a black screen.

I had been using an EFI string in my com.apple.boot.plist to inject the graphics card, but this apparently was causing the system to fail.

I tried the following:

1. Removed my DSDT just in case it was causing problems-- I don't have graphics injection in my DSDT so this didn't make a difference. For the remaining attempts, the DSDT remained in /Extra.

2. Removed EFI String from com.apple.boot.plist, but kept <GraphicsEnabler><No> key in com.apple.boot.plist-- this allowed OS X to boot into the GUI, but without proper resolution or accelerated graphics.

3. Removed EFI String, changed <GraphicsEnabler> key to <Yes> -- this booted with "full" QE/CI and proper resolution, but it was extremely choppy with intermittent white flashes on the screen and buggy animations.

4. Removed EFI string, changed <GraphicsEnabler> key to <No>, and added NVEnabler.kext (64-bit) to /Extra/Extensions-- a verbose boot indicated that the extension wasn't being loaded, so no dice.

5. Removed EFI string, changed <GraphicsEnabler> key to <No>, and added NVEnabler.kext (64-bit) to /System/Library/Extensions and repaired with KextUtility-- VOILA!

Hope that helps somebody. Check my signature for more details on the rest of my hardware. Feel free to PM me if you have a similar card and can't get it to work!

Now, if we can take care of this iCloud business of my Apple ID not being recognized as an iCloud ID... grr...

Have you tried the QE/CI Nvidia Enabler in [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] Lion edition along with your DSDT, and GraphicsEnabler=No?

*EDIT* sorry, just saw that its a fermi openCL enabler... does not apply to 250!

As for icloud and appstore, try the updated Chameleon on kexts.com:

http://www.kexts.com/view/1941-chameleon_2.1_r1627vs_[icloud__facetime_fix].html

And then also create a valid SMBios with champlist for example.. (http://awesome-studio.tk/champlist/)

App Store also had a thing about resetting your network prefs and/or setting EthernetBuiltIn=Yes...

Hope that helps

BTW, to anyone with black screen, you can still get into your mac if you have screen sharing turn on. Just use another mac to view the desktop using screen sharing!

I tried the following:

If you want to go kext-less, you can always try patching DSDT using tonymacx guide. If you get a black screen on bootup, just add the fix mentioned above.