Online Snow Leopard kext resource

Twinnie

2 posts in this topic

Hi, I've got Lion working pretty well but I do have a few issues that mostly come down to problematic kexts I think as they worked fine in SL. I keep getting the "Timeout waiting for IOKit to be quiet" error and I'm hoping this can be fixed simply by going back to an SL kext. I also have problems with my sound as the ports seem to be the wrong ways around, again, these worked in SL. I also seem to get a bunch of other kext related errors on a verbose boot sometimes which I'd like to be able to go through and sort out. Problem is I had a bit of a ball-ache getting Lion working and I'd really not want to have to wipe it again just to get a few poxy files. Is there an online resource where I can just download them all and sort it out without all that hassle. I've looked at www.kext.com but there's all sorts of files there including modded ones and no real way of sorting them. Not to mention I couldn't find most of what I wanted on there anyway, modded or not.

Failing this, what would also be really good would be a method of extracting them from an SL install image.

Cheers guys, I really appreciate any help.