Help With Sound

Mukund

3 posts in this topic

Hi All.

My Configuration is as follows.

C-Media AC97 Audio Device

PNP Device ID PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_24C5&SUBSYS_030010F6&REV-02\3&13C0B0C5&0&FD

(BTW What is My Device id? I asked to amny people adn everyone had different answer :angel: )

I tried lot of things after reading Most of the topics on this forum.

I tried downloading the kext files from the forum and then I added my device id and reloded the kext.

Here are the thigns I have tried.

1. Changing the AppleAC97.kext file by adding Device Id and then reloding the kext

2. Reloding this file without making any changes

The process of reloding was successful but I was not getting any sound. I mean I am still not getting any sound.

What Should I Do?

My System Configuration is As Follows

Pentioum 2.4, Single Processor, 82845GL, Onboard Sound Card.

(My Mac Shows it as 3 Ghz Processor isntead of 2.4 :blink:)

Tried my best.

Please Help.

BTW I am using 10.4.6

Regards

Mukund

C-Media AC97 Audio Device

PNP Device ID PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_24C5&SUBSYS_030010F6&REV-02\3&13C0B0C5&0&FD

(BTW What is My Device id? I asked to amny people adn everyone had different answer :angel: )

There are two parts to the sound system - the sound chip and the sound controller.

Your sound chip is C-Media

Your sound controller it the PNP device (vendor id=8086, device id=24C5 - the controller is Intel ICH4)

Need more info on the sound chip. Go back into Windows -> Device Manager and under "Sound, video and game controllers", find the C-Media entry. Get Properties on that and click on the Details tab and get the vendor/device id string like you did for the controller.

Here is what it looks like for a Realtek device (instead of a C-Media device): http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...ost&id=4504