[Issue] Unable to burn CD-Rs or create bootable USBs

saltdos

7 posts in this topic

TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-H553A:

Firmware Revision: DE04

Interconnect: ATAPI

Burn Support: Yes (Generic Drive Support)

Profile Path: None

Cache: 2048 KB

Reads DVD: Yes

CD-Write: -R, -RW

DVD-Write: -R, -RW, +R, +R DL, +RW

Write Strategies: CD-TAO, CD-SAO, CD-Raw, DVD-DAO

Media:

Type: CD-R

Blank: Yes

Erasable: No

Overwritable: Yes

Appendable: Yes

Write Speeds: 8x, 16x, 24x, 32x, 40x, 48x

Burning Issue

Heya. Above is my disc drive that I've burned countless of DVDs/CDs on via Windows 7 along with a blank CD-R inserted. Whenever I attempt to burn via iTunes or Finder, I get these errors:

post-874510-1316745381_thumb.png post-874510-1316745419_thumb.png

I've searched a bit to see what could be the problem and I have yet to find a proper solution to fix this while on Mac.

Bootable USB Issue

Connecting to the burning issue above, I found suggestions I could try to fix my disc drive via Windows, but it seems something (either Mac or my bootloader (Andy's custom bootloader (Chameleon))) erased all the contents of my /boot/BCD file. Its completely blank. I tried creating a bootable USB with a Windows 7 recovery .iso both by using the Disk Utility and terminal and neither was successful (USB was not bootable) to repair the boot config file.

I'm currently stuck on Mac with no foreseeable method to launch my Windows 7 installation (I've had for 8 months), no way to burn CD/DVDs, and seemingly unable to create a bootable USB. More specifications can be found in my signature.

boot linux live and in the windows 7 iso copy the boot folder with archive manager to the windows 7 .. then try the repair of win7 function.

if u installed 7 and shows 100 mb partition. thats where boot is. instead of the main win7 partititon.

to bypass this 100mb reserved boot part fro 7.. create a ntfs part in linux next time u install 7. so when u boot 7 setup.. just format the current ntfs and it wont create the hidden 100 mb.

btw the way i boot my dual drives is:

hd0 win7/Linux Mint

hd1 osx

i use easybcd 2.1 to write 7 MBR after linux is setup. then add linux with grub2

(i keep win7 as main bootloader with linux then in menu from linux mint i added mac manually)

i added my chameleon2 efi partition to linux boot menu manually in custom section.

boot linux live and in the windows 7 iso copy the boot folder with archive manager to the windows 7 .. then try the repair of win7 function.

I don't have Linux Live and can't burn it to anything. I do however have Ubuntu 10.04 and BackTrack laying somewhere around here but I was hoping for a solution I could pull off while in Mac.

The contents of the boot folder on my Windows hdd (this differs from the /boot folder in my Win7 recovery .iso):

post-874510-1316921397_thumb.png

i use easybcd 2.1 to write 7 MBR after linux is setup. then add linux with grub2

(i keep win7 as main bootloader with linux then in menu from linux mint i added mac manually)

i added my chameleon2 efi partition to linux boot menu manually in custom section.

I don't really understand how BCD works. I know that I installed Mac by using Andy's boot CD, and I assume that installed some modified version of Chameleon bootloader.

My goal is to repair the boot of Windows 7 without re-installing & doing so through Mac Lion if possible. Any ideas?

I don't have Linux Live and can't burn it to anything. I do however have Ubuntu 10.04 and BackTrack laying somewhere around here but I was hoping for a solution I could pull off while in Mac.

The contents of the boot folder on my Windows hdd (this differs from the /boot folder in my Win7 recovery .iso):

post-874510-1316921397_thumb.png

I don't really understand how BCD works. I know that I installed Mac by using Andy's boot CD, and I assume that installed some modified version of Chameleon bootloader.

My goal is to repair the boot of Windows 7 without re-installing & doing so through Mac Lion if possible. Any ideas?

maybe parallels can help you create a USB bootable.

plug your usb to recognize in the VM, then in the 'windows side' do the USB installation, it may work for you

i don't know how to do it, and did you try?

for me it seems like you waiting for some magic to happen,

of course there are some real problems with your hackintosh not been able to create bootable windows 7 disks/or USB

and i really don't know what else you might have there to produce those (or other) problems

right now if i ware you, i would try ANYTHING that make sense to me, not trying to be some smart-a#s and only fix it through the "mac" or anything like this

and why do u so obsessive to repair it through the mac? didn't you just said you want a bootable USB or Win CD????????????

anyway, good luck

i don't know how to do it, and did you try?

for me it seems like you waiting for some magic to happen,

of course there are some real problems with your hackintosh not been able to create bootable windows 7 disks/or USB

and i really don't know what else you might have there to produce those (or other) problems

right now if i ware you, i would try ANYTHING that make sense to me, not trying to be some smart-a#s and only fix it through the "mac" or anything like this

Provided I am able to burn through Parallels, the problem will still remain on my Mac partition and will not be solved. I'd rather not create additional spam topics for the same issue I have already made a topic about later on. Two birds with one stone.