installing problems!

cool_nick

5 posts in this topic

I've been trying to install OSX86 (JAS) 10.4.7 on my system,.

The installation goes fine until the Base System Part 1 is installed, it goes ahead with installing the essentials, as soon as it gets to this stage, i get this error -

There were errors installing the software.

please try installing again. reboot?

Can anyone please help me out?!?

my system configuration is P4 2.4Ghz(Northwood,533Mhz FSB) Intel D845gbv, nvidia 4 mx440 64Mb,

Nick track this thread http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=26863 and also do some searches here at InsanelyMac and google searches. Remember to try the standard questions you'll get.

How did you burn your ISO with what software. What type of DVD media and what speed did you burn with. Also the type of paritian you tried installing to. Hang in there!

installing the essentials, as soon as it gets to this stage, i get this error -

There were errors installing the software.

please try installing again. reboot?

It had a problem with your DVD. Try reburning it at the slowest speed possible. If available, use a different brand or type of media (dvd-r, dvd+r, dvd-rw, dvd+rw).

If that still doesn't work, see if there is a firmware upgrade for your DVD drive.

And if that doesn't work, see if you can borrow another DVD drive.

I burnt the ISO image using k3b, burnt it to a Moserbaer DVD +RW at 1x speed. I used Sony DRU-810A for burning.

I tried to install it to my first partition (20Gb) used the default filesystem type(HFS+, journalised) . . .

I tried burning the DVD at lower speeds and also tried installing on a different partition.

But, the problem still persists.Maybe, I'll change the DVD RW and a different media this time. . .