Issues on GA-H67MA-D2H-B3 : help welcome !

NicolBolas

1 post in this topic

Hi all,

I've been out of the game for quite some time, beeing stuck with linux due to the lack of Eyefinity support on SL. Now Lion is supposed to support my 5770EF5 (with 3 dell 2708WFP hooked on it via Display Port), I'm trying to set it up on a brand new GA-H67MA-D2H-B3 rev 1.0 and a i2500k CPU.

As of today (20110917) I finally could *boot* the installer using Kakewalk 4.1.0.

I created a USB Install disk with this last kakewalk version and setting it for GA-H67M-D2-B3, then replaced the DSTD.aml file in its /Extra folder with the one matching my mainboard. Boot was unsuccessful with a GeForce 6200TC or a PowerColor Radeon5770 Eyefinity 5 hooked on it, but is succesfull with the integrated HD2000.

The first install as successful until I tried to give [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] a chance to enable the onboard audio. I decided to try again with the targeted GPU.

Second installation is ongoing, will keep in touch.

past edits

Here's what I tried :

* USB boot

Restoring basesystem.dmg to a GUID partitionned 8GB key, added packages folder from installESD.dmg, the extra folder for i1155 gigabyte from Maldon, DSDT.aml for this mainboard and BIOS version (F4) from tonymac, chameleon 2.0 final (r1394), all installed on the key from a macbookpro running SL10.6.8.

Result : the mainboard will just not boot from USB.

* HD boot

Same software setup made on a partitionned SATA SSD with an empty 50Gb HFS+ FS and an 8Gb basesystem partition

Result : the mainboard finds no OS on the SSD

* Hackboot CD (v7 AFAIK)

The installer is on the USB key, the mainboard boots from the CD, Chameleon finds the system on the USB key and starts booting. About 2 minutes of grey apple on white screen, then the system reboots.

Both series of attempts have been done with either the integrated HD2k GPU or a PCIe GeForce 6200TC hooked to the system.

What may I try to get this working ?

I will update the post while solving issues, hoping this will turn out to be something like an howto :hysterical:

Thanks in advance !