Mac OS X86 10.4.4 Please help!

paulisthebest3uk

3 posts in this topic

Hi.

My specs are AMD Athlon 64 3000+ skt 939 and 512mb of ram

I successfully installed MAC OS 10.4.4, and rebooted. Following forum advice, i got round the b0 error I got on first reboot (using boot magic).

Now mac os X starts to boot for the first time, and the initial registration part (the first welcome screen you see), tries to start, then goes off, then tries to start and goes off - continues on a loop.

I wonder if anyone can help me get round this, because its going to take a longg time to download os 10.6.6 the later version.

Thanks

Paul

Using Option or Command key options at boot only works with real Macs. Option brings up a bootloader. On some Macs, holding Command and another key provides boot options. On other Macs, you just hold the other key for boot options.

For a Hackintosh, you must hit the F8 key and enter a boot option. During boot, the screen turns black and then grey with a spinning icon. As soon as the screen turns black, start tapping the F8 key, quickly and repeatedly, until a command prompt appears. Then type -v to get messages while it boots.