Portable lion with full functionality

littlepapapump

2 posts in this topic

Hey everyone, sorry this has taken so long, I had medical issues for quite some time, im back now, attached is the file pack needed for your new portable lion, anyone wanting to boot up on an atom processor needs to go to Nawcoms blog and download the atom kernel, it's worked amazing on all atoms I have tried. Make sure you for starters have a usb installer to start, i have attached in the pack, maq usb installer, make sure the lion dmg is in applications that you legally downloaded from the apple app store, then format an 8 gig usb key to fat using disk utilities with guid. After that run the maq package and make sure you change the install source to your usb, proceed with install, after install is finished run the lion extra's package and make sure you install to the same usb, if you can't install, eject usb and put usb back in computer, after extra's are installed, install chameleon and again remember to install directly to usb, after this is complete you have created a usb installer, have a second usb drive ready, minimum 8 gig usb key or any other portable device, boot off your freshly created usb installer, depending on the computer I have had to put fakesmc in the extras folder and sometimes needed nullcpupowermanagement, depending on your computer you might need certain boot flags. After lion installer is booted up, format your new usb key or portable device to guid and journeled format, this usb key should be plugged in during boot so it's recognized, after partition is created install to usb or portable device, after install it may or may not boot on a computer, if not I recommend putting fakesmc and nullcpupowermanagement in the extra's folder, add the atom kernel for atom processors, i renamed my atom kernel to atom_kernel for ease of remembering. Remove Applehda from system/library /extensions. To remove these and add kexts just plug in your portable lion into any mac and add /remove what you need to, my portable lion has worked on over 20 computers and some problematic computers the installer will not work on this portable did, after boot carbon copy cloner was the success, im typing this all on a droid phone, so sorry for typos and ill try and upload the pack shortly, thanks and give me your feedback, plourde

Updated link for pack! http://www.4shared.com/file/MrVU6pjZ/Porta...lion_files.html

• 2 months later...