Pesky "the guest operating system is not mac os x server" Error...

4 posts in this topic

I've been looking all over the place for a resolution to this problem, but the only ones I can find are the ones on VMWare Fusion for Macs. I'm running VMWare Workstation 7.0 on Windows 7 with an AMD CPU.

I am getting this error:

"the guest operating system is not mac os x server"

Jc7wz.png

I've run the VMWare patch. Tried rebooting and re-running the patch.

Still no dice. Anyone have any insight on this problem?

And what to do to fix it on an AMD Windows 7 system running VMWare workstation 7?

Is it even possible to resolve this problem on an AMD CPU?

You have 3 options possibly that I can honestly think of that may help you as I am on an AMD as well.

1. Update Workstation 7.0 to 7.1.4 and then rerun donk's guest os patch

2. Find a pre-built snow leopard that has AMD/Intel Listed. I can use 10.6.6 it's almost 3gig in size

3. iAtkos S3 V2 also works for me-it's 10.6.2 but I've updated it all the way to 10.6.7 using legacy kernel's.

If you list more info on your specs I'm sure someone here could possibly help you.

I've been looking all over the place for a resolution to this problem, but the only ones I can find are the ones on VMWare Fusion for Macs. I'm running VMWare Workstation 7.0 on Windows 7 with an AMD CPU.

I am getting this error:

"the guest operating system is not mac os x server"

Jc7wz.png

I've run the VMWare patch. Tried rebooting and re-running the patch.

Still no dice. Anyone have any insight on this problem?

And what to do to fix it on an AMD Windows 7 system running VMWare workstation 7?

Is it even possible to resolve this problem on an AMD CPU?

You have 3 options possibly that I can honestly think of that may help you as I am on an AMD as well.

1. Update Workstation 7.0 to 7.1.4 and then rerun donk's guest os patch

2. Find a pre-built snow leopard that has AMD/Intel Listed. I can use 10.6.6 it's almost 3gig in size

3. iAtkos S3 V2 also works for me-it's 10.6.2 but I've updated it all the way to 10.6.7 using legacy kernel's.

If you list more info on your specs I'm sure someone here could possibly help you.

I tried option #1 above and it worked. Thank you so much. I don't get that error any more.

But now I'm getting an error that says: "The CPU has been disabled by the guest operating system. You will need to power off or reset the virtual machine at this point." So I'm still stuck. :-(

I tried option #1 above and it worked. Thank you so much. I don't get that error any more.

But now I'm getting an error that says: "The CPU has been disabled by the guest operating system. You will need to power off or reset the virtual machine at this point." So I'm still stuck. :-(

UPDATE: I tried it on a server at work with an intel CPU and it worked.

So my guess is that my AMD Phenom II Black Edition Quad-core is not good enough.