[MiniGuide] IATKOS S3 V2 installation on the Acer Aspire 5315-5715z (Mac OSX 10.6.3)

skyfly555

3 posts in this topic

Hi, now i have installed this version of Iatkos on my wife’s laptop (see the other post - http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=265833), i’ve done the same with my laptop. I have an acer aspire 5715z, very similar to the acer aspire 5315.

Differences:

5715z – 2 gb ram, cpu dual core t2370, no webcam

5315- 512 mb ram, cpu celeron, integrated webcam

You can install iatkos like this, but it’s more intelligent to upgrade the cpu up to a core2duo t7300 (27 euros on ebay), and if you have a 5315, add more ram (2 gb, 24 euros on ebay). You can do that.

So, to install it, you need to use

Default options, but:

Bootloader - Chameleon v2 RC5

Drivers-Main Hardware-SATA/IDE-AHCI SATA

Drivers-Main Hardware-PS/2-Voodoo PS/2

Drivers-Main Hardware-CPU Power Management - Voodoo Power

Drivers-Main Hardware-Laptop Hardware-Battery & ACPI Thermal(32bits) & TSC-SYNC

Drivers-Main Hardware-VGA-Intel→EFI String

You can have a graphical resolution up to 1280x800, but i don’t know if you have acceleration (the graphical card of these computers is an Intel gma x3100).

To get your network card working, download this kext:

http://www.kexts.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1019

and install it using Kext Wizard, for example. After trying some kexts, this is the kext that works with this laptop.

Wifi card i couldn’t get to work, but i can say a good option is buying a broadcom bcm4311 (6 euros on global.ebay.com) and change it. It’s easy and fast to do that. The bcm4311 is the card that acer aspire 4310 has by default, and we know it’s detected and configured automatically through airport (we saw that in my other post, you have the link).

I hope this will help somebody in some moment, thank you all.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...