Intel D945PWM Motherboard

7 posts in this topic

Hi There,

I have loaded 10.4.7 (JAS) on my main system and have a few things that do not operate properly. I searched through the forum and found several postings that seem to indicate that solutions for my problems exist but not where to find them. In hopes that this can assist others as well as myself I am posting a Topic for my Motherboard where hopefully these issues can be addressed.

MB: Intel D945PWM

Built in NIC: Intel PRO/100 VE

Built in Sound: Sigmatel 7 Channel

Neither of the above operate after install. Has anyone had success in getting these two components to operate correctly? If so, PLEASE TELL ME AND OTHERS HOW.

Thanks

Hey Guy. Thanks!!! For the first time I am on this forum with my Hackintosh. The network "FIX" needed a bit of tweaking, change of location for the additional ID string but once done worked GREAT! (As you can see).

As to the Sigmatel sound I am afraid there was no joy. The sound still does not show up as existant and I am afraid even if it did I use the Optical Audio out for this system (connected to a 5.1 receiver so I can watch my movies with true surround) but the fix apparently does not cover this. Hopefully someone will come up with an appropriate KEXT (or whatever the MAC world calls Drivers.)

Anyway Thanks for the lead.

I've Got Optical 5.1 output working. I found a post from Rogabean in May that contained the attached kext file. Once installed with permissions fixed it worked perfectly. Now the only thing left till my Hackintosh matches my PC for full functionality is my additional monitors on a PCI Radion 7000 card and I am told that can't be done even though system info shows the card. Oh Well, I can hope...

Also attached is my edited kext for the Network card. Just overwrite both files in \System\Library\Extensions and repair disk permissions from Disk Utiltiy and this board should be working fine :-)

wdgoldstein

AppleHDA.kext.zip

IONetworkingFamily.kext.zip

I've Got Optical 5.1 output working. I found a post from Rogabean in May that contained the attached kext file. Once installed with permissions fixed it worked perfectly. Now the only thing left till my Hackintosh matches my PC for full functionality is my additional monitors on a PCI Radion 7000 card and I am told that can't be done even though system info shows the card. Oh Well, I can hope...

Also attached is my edited kext for the Network card. Just overwrite both files in \System\Library\Extensions and repair disk permissions from Disk Utiltiy and this board should be working fine :-)

wdgoldstein

Holy {censored}! Something I did a while back works?!?

:angel:

That it did Dude...Great work...Thanks

Hope you don't mind my reposting of it. As I stated, my goal was to put all the necessary files in one place so the next user of a D945P... would not have to search through months of posts. I might even suggest that others do the same for all major boards and chipsets and set up a hardware library for Hackintosh machines.

OS X 10.4.7 (Jas)

Intel D945PWM

P4D 3.4 gig

2 Gig DDR2

ATI (Branded) X1600 w/512 (Borisbadenov patch)

Sigmatel / Intel HDA 7.1 Ch -Optical Out (Rogabean patch)

Intel PRO/100 VE (Goldstein Patch)

(4) SATA & (2) PATA HDD's (total 2.2 Tera)

Pioneer DVR-111 DVD-RW

Toshiba SD-R 1612 DVD/CD-RW

Still under development (needs drivers)

ATI Radion 7000 PCI (monitors 2 & 3)

Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-150 (TV capture card, Tuner and PVR)

Goldstein