Unable to boot if external HDD exist

stephensaw

2 posts in this topic

Hi,

Just upgraded to Lion couple of days ago, except some weird audio problem, I've noticed, I can't get into my Chameleon boot loader (the machine reboot itself when reaching that point) if I got my external HDD connected, I got a time machine partition and a ext fat partition inside.

Unplugging it solve the problem, but that drive is my backup drive, and it suppose to sit there all the time, any idea how to fix this? I've excluded to boot from USB in my BIOS, still no luck.

hey man, can't say for sure, but i'm having same problem with one of my Dock Station (you can switch hard disk with it)

and whenever it's plugged, i can't pass the post bios, meaning, i'm getting to the chameleon part, get some weird message, and restart.

those thing happening with this dock only, while with other sulotion i have working good (i have another sata to usb but without power, so i have to take power from pc, but this one booting just fine)

so my guess is something wrong with either the drive you are using or if it's a dock station like mine then that might be the problem

try with another hdd (internal to usb, or external hdd) and see if the problem persist