Black screen after "Starting Darwin x86"

fandelost

5 posts in this topic

This you've been posted in the OSX86 Installation forum, my mistake, if any mod see this please help me move it. Thanks!

Hi, I'm trying to do a clean install of 10.7 (GM), once I boot the installation it loads the kernels and all but I can't get past the "Starting Darwin x86" while loading the Lion installer (see photo), after that line it just halts at a black screen, no disk/pendrive activity. I've successfully installed vanilla SL/L on the same machine before.

Photo%2008-08-11%2020%2040%2032.jpeg

I've already tried the guides from Mald0n, Still Win Fan and tseug and I always end up with the same exact problem.

Tried with:

• GUID/MBR
  • Pendrive/HDD partition
  • GraphicsEnabler yes/no
  • Different versions of Chameleon
  • Using my own kexts and the ones attached on every guide, including mixes

I think the bootloader is not the issue since I can use it to boot my current SL partition, which also gives me the hint that no special DSDT is necessary (though I've tried with and without the SL one). In SL I need to use cpus=1 arch=i386 which makes me wonder if it's normal that it detects two CPUs, as you can see in the next photo:

Photo%2008-08-11%2020%2059%2004.jpeg

Specs:

• Compal HEL80 VBI (known in Argentina as NB EXO Smart WK65)
  • Intel Core 2 Duo T2350 @ 1.86GHz
  • Chipset Intel 945PM / ICH7-M
  • Nvidia GeForce GO 7600
  • Realtek ALC883
  • Gigabyte GN-WI07HT-RH

EFI (SL) overview:

Screen%20shot%202011-08-08%20at%209.55.07%20PM.png

Current EFI (Lion installer) overview:

Screen%20shot%202011-08-08%20at%2010.19.24%20PM.png

Any hint/advice is welcome to troubleshot this. Thanks!

• 2 months later...
Hi, I'm trying to do a clean install of 10.7 (GM), once I boot the installation it loads the kernels and all but I can't get past the "Starting Darwin x86" while loading the Lion installer (see photo), after that line it just halts at a black screen, no disk/pendrive activity. I've successfully installed vanilla SL/L on the same machine before.

I have the same issue, black screen after "Staring Darwin x86", using mach_atom on a netbook running SL 10.6.7 perfectly. I tried with or without DSDT/smbios/a few kexts in /E/E (got from a Lion DP1 or 2 zip on a forum).

Using the same USB drive, i have installed lion on my desktop computer succesfuly.

It may be the same cause, did you manage to figure it out ?

Thx !

Specs : Medion Akoya e1210 - N270 + 2GB + GMA950 (27AE)

Nope, no good news. Since no one knows/cares (no matter how much detailed I tried to be) I gave up and went back to Snow Leopard.

If anyone can help, at least giving something to try that I haven't already, I'd really appreciate it (and now we are two).