need help for building Lion desktop

10 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I got Intel Pentium 4 , 775 Socket pin less processor , 1GB DDR2 RAM , 500GB SATA Hard Drive,

I want to build LION , So please suggest me the best MotherBoard and any other componets to build lion,

I dont have a Graphic Card :)

thank you

vinaysudhir

You are going to need to replace that P4 with a Core 2 Duo processor. I have seen them on ebay for around 80 used or 120 new with fan. The ram and HD are good to go. You should look for a Gigabyte MB..they are the easist to work with. You can use pretty much any Gigabyte MD for this setup. The video card that I use that didnt need any additional kexts and worked from the start was a Geforce 9800GT 1GB Video card. Good luck with your build and remember have fun and dont stress out to much with your new Lion Build.

You are going to need to replace that P4 with a Core 2 Duo processor. I have seen them on ebay for around 80 used or 120 new with fan. The ram and HD are good to go. You should look for a Gigabyte MB..they are the easist to work with. You can use pretty much any Gigabyte MD for this setup. The video card that I use that didnt need any additional kexts and worked from the start was a Geforce 9800GT 1GB Video card. Good luck with your build and remember have fun and dont stress out to much with your new Lion Build.

Hi Romeoz,

thanks for reply, could you please specify any model number of mother board , processor number and installation guide .

Installation guide is a sticky in this forum.

I would go with a core 2 duo 3.0. E7500. They are pretty good speeds and they are cheap on eBay

I have personally installed them

On a gigabyte ep45-ud3p, gigabyte ep43-ud3l, and Asus pk5 deluxe. The ep45 boards are running 150 plus on eBay and the ep43 boards are running 60 plus on eBay. All these are not

In Production so you will need to look on eBay or craigslist. A good video card I always use is the evga geforce 9800gt 1gb. That cards loads all resolutions up without any additional files.

Installation guide is a sticky in this forum.

I would go with a core 2 duo 3.0. E7500. They are pretty good speeds and they are cheap on eBay

I have personally installed them

On a gigabyte ep45-ud3p, gigabyte ep43-ud3l, and Asus pk5 deluxe. The ep45 boards are running 150 plus on eBay and the ep43 boards are running 60 plus on eBay. All these are not

In Production so you will need to look on eBay or craigslist. A good video card I always use is the evga geforce 9800gt 1gb. That cards loads all resolutions up without any additional files.

Hi

I cant buy a new processor now , Is it not possible to use my Pentium 4 3.06 GHZ with 533hz FSB , ?? Now I can buy mother board and graphic card ,

thank you

Its not possible to run Mac on a p4 processor, minimum specs are core 2 duo right now. Also your gonna need 2gb of ram minimum to run lion

Hi Romeoz

this is the hardware list

core 2 duo 3.0. E7500.

2GB DDR3 Ram

GigaByte ep45-ud3p

500GB SATA Hard Drive

Blue Ray writer or LG DVD writer

GForce 9800gt 1GB

ATX cabinet

Now could you tell me the installation method ,

and download links for Lion

I came to know that in lion core 2 duo E7500 will be over clocked to 4.0Ghz processor . Is it safe ??

And share with me any tweaks

thank you,

I don't overclock so I don't wanna give an opinion about that. The guide to install lion is

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=256729

Follow that and everything will work

Hi

I went to buy the above computer components and I came to know that the mother board you suggested is no more available in my city and shop keeper told core i3 is same price as core2duo E7500 , and graphic card is gtx 200 series is only available in my city , they said gefore 9800gt is an out dated. I dont want to buy online.

So I am little confused. Could you please suggest me latest hardware , like core i series compatible hardware for Building Lion.

Thank you

• 4 weeks later...