Asus K53sv-sx063v

popcornbag

32 posts in this topic

1. You can download the Lion installation file in Snow Leopard and then proceed to make a bootable USB from that to keep the Snow Leopard install. You still have to pay for Lion of course, otherwise you would break the law...

2. That depends on how you have partitioned your disk to begin with. If you go with the default partitioning type, MBR, you can't install OS X straight away. You have to install OS X to a GUID partitioned disk and then clone the install to your MBR partitioned disk. There are workarounds but you'll have to find them yourself.

3. I boot Win7, OS X Lion and Ubuntu 11.04 from the same drive, so yes it will load. You have to install grub to your linux-partition for it to boot though and it has to be installed to EXT3 since the bootloader (chameleon or chimera preferebly) cannot read EXT4 yet.

4. It is always preferred to image your important partitions to another drive. For you especially since you don't have any backup installation discs of your Windows.

5. You can do this with OS X also. But you need OS X 10.6+ to do this. See here.

Thanks for your answer! :)

Ive been making some trials. This is what i have achieved up to this point:

I only had one DVD-RW, and where I live I wont be able to get more, at least in a few days/weeks, so the tutorial shown up there wasnt useful to me (I would have needed one DVD for the image and another for the install). So, I had to work with what I have. This is what I did:

First, I managed to install Leopard (NOT Snow leopard) on an old netbook. This was quite easy and worked at first try.

Then, I downloaded Iatkos L1 and made a bootable usb from leopard, using Chimera. It was hard, but after a few trials I managed to boot it, erase my hard drive and then install. The first time I did it, my keyboard was not detected after rebooting, so I had to install again, this time enabing the PS/2 fix.

Now, After a reboot, Im stuck because a message tells me that there is no mouse connected. Wich is silly, because, although my trackpad doesnt work, i have a USB mouse and Im actually able to move the cursor.. but I get stuck at hat message anyway. It also shows one pop-up message saying that one USB device was draining to much power and because of that it had been disconnected, but im able to move the USB mouse before and after that pop-up. I think that last message has to do with the USB 3.0, because fedora used to show a warning about overcurrent conditions too.

Also, everytime I boot (both the installer and the first boot) I have to do it with " PCIRootUID=1 -v -x " or else it will hang at different stages.

Now, what can I do from here? I dont mind using another image/method if its needed, but it has to be done with only what I have here:

- What I have: 1 DVD-RW, 2 USB sticks, a netbook with OS X 10.5 leopard, an USB mouse.

- What I DONT have: More than one DVD, an external keyboard, OS X 10.6 or higher. Sadly, I´ve been unable to upgrade the netbook to 10.6, so any process that requires snow leopard its not posible either.

Thanks in advance, any help would be really appreciated :D

In case it helps, this was my hardware according to lspci:

00:00.0 Host bridge [0600]: Intel Corporation 2nd Generation Core Processor Family DRAM Controller [8086:0104] (rev 09)

00:01.0 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation Xeon E3-1200/2nd Generation Core Processor Family PCI Express Root Port [8086:0101] (rev 09)

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Intel Corporation 2nd Generation Core Processor Family Integrated Graphics Controller [8086:0116] (rev 09)

00:16.0 Communication controller [0780]: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family MEI Controller #1 [8086:1c3a] (rev 04)

00:1a.0 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller #2 [8086:1c2d] (rev 05)

00:1b.0 Audio device [0403]: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family High Definition Audio Controller [8086:1c20] (rev 05)

00:1c.0 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 1 [8086:1c10] (rev b5)

00:1c.1 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 2 [8086:1c12] (rev b5)

00:1c.3 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 4 [8086:1c16] (rev b5)

00:1c.5 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 6 [8086:1c1a] (rev b5)

00:1d.0 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller #1 [8086:1c26] (rev 05)

00:1f.0 ISA bridge [0601]: Intel Corporation HM65 Express Chipset Family LPC Controller [8086:1c49] (rev 05)

00:1f.2 SATA controller [0106]: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family 6 port SATA AHCI Controller [8086:1c03] (rev 05)

00:1f.3 SMBus [0c05]: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family SMBus Controller [8086:1c22] (rev 05)

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: nVidia Corporation GF106 [GeForce GT 555M SDDR3] [10de:0df4] (rev a1)

03:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Intel Corporation Centrino Wireless-N 100 [8086:08ae]

04:00.0 USB Controller [0c03]: ASMedia Technology Inc. ASM1042 SuperSpeed USB Host Controller [1b21:1042]

05:00.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168B PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet controller [10ec:8168] (rev 06)

• 3 weeks later...

I'm planning to buy the Asus K53sv-sx513V, very similar with some upgraded parts.

Apparently, the "K53sv-SX..." models are mainly for the european market, they have different names in the US market (K53sv-A1, B1...) and I can't find an exact equivalent to this computer.

What battery life do you get on Mac OS X with your K53sv hackintoshed laptops ?

And what about HDMI ?

This will be my first Hackintosh project, I hope it will work well !

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi there,

should be possible. I have the k53sv-sx178v. The only difference is that in mine has another processor built in (i7 2630qm) an it's got more RAM (8GB).

I got a fully working OSX Lion (10.7) incl. full QE/CI.

This is how I got it working:

Install Lion using this guide:

http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/07/xmo...x-107-lion.html

When you have successfully created the install-volume replace the kexts on the install-volume for Lion with the ones from "lion_install_volume.zip"

When you successfully installed Lion, plug in a usb mouse, for the trackpad won't work OOB. Run ###### and select "System Utilities > Rebuild Caches + Repair Permissions"

"Drivers & Bootloaders > Kexts & Enablers > Audio > Realtec ALC8xx > Non-DSDT HDAEnabler > ALC 892"

"Drivers & Bootloaders > Kexts & Enablers > Network > Lnx2Mac's RealtekRTL81xx Ethernet"

"Drivers & Bootloaders > Kexts & Enablers > Miscellaneous > FakeSMC + FakeSMC Plugins > Motherboard Plugins"

"Drivers & Bootloaders > Kexts & Enablers > Miscellaneous > IOPCIFamilyFix + IOUSBFamily Rollback + NullCPUPowerManagement"

"Bootloaders > Chimera v1.4.1 r877"

"Customization > System Definitions > MacBook Pro > MacBookPro 8,1"

"Customization > Themes > Chameleon RC5 Default"

"OSX86 Software > Kext Helper b7 + ShowAllFiles"

Run through ######.

Reboot

To get your Trackpad working use kexts in Trackpad.zip

The integrated HD3000 Graphics work OOB. The NVIDIA won't. I don't think there is a solution yet, 'cause it's the NV Optimus technology, which is unsupported by Apple...

For getting Wi-Fi to work i had to replace the built in Card with an Atheros AR5B93. Got it for 20 EUR on ebay. Try searching! When you have replaced your Wi-Fi Card use the AtherosFix (http://www.mediafire.com/?dgno4vlknnm)

UPDATE 08-17-2011: When you update to 10.7.1 make sure you delete the AppleHDA.kext before reboot and reboot with -v -f

Hope this helps you out a bit! :) If you got any questions, feel free to ask. It took me about 2 weeks of hard work to figure out, which kexts to use and to modify the kexts, that did not work properly for me in their original condition. I still want to write a complete setup - guide for the k53x - Notebook - Series, because there is no one yet I think (besides this little one :) ) Would be cool if you share your experiences here.

Greetings BlackestEyes

lion_install_volume.zip

Trackpad.zip

I have a problem, when I update to 10.6.8 from 10.6, my system does kernel panic, dunno what the problem is, tried -x, graphicsenablerr=no, -v -f but in vain.

• 1 month later...

To install Chameleon to the 4k advanced format drive of this notebook just install Chameleon normally into the target partition, then you need to boot from the usb dongle you installed lion, copy the boot1h file I attach to the root of the USB dongle, then open terminal in the installer environment and type:

diskutil list

write down the disk you have installed lion to, for me it was disk6s3, then type (let's say the Usb volume is named Installer and the Lion volume you installed is called LionHD):

cd /Volumes/Installer

unmount the volume you want to install chameleon (I suppose where Lion is actually installed)

umount /Volumes/LionHD

Install Chameleon boot1h

dd if=boot1h of=/dev/diskXsY, where X is 6 and Y is 3, for me!

Notice you don't use rdiskXsY, since it generates problems so that boot1h file isn't properly installed within Chameleon Installation normal routine. It worked for me without using Linux boot disks

boot1h.zip