PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8139&SUBSYS_813910EC&REV_10\4&2E98101C&0&50F0

and the Info.plist has:

<key>IOPCIMatch</key>

<string>0x813910ec 0x13001186 0x12111113</string>

What is the problem?

plese help me!!

I buy this new pci card because I read that it works very well

but it doesn't work

What you describe is what I fear. I can make ethernet work through VMWare (Maxxuss VMWare internet connection).

But VMware is much slower then when I start OS X natively. Problem is natively the vmware doesn't work and OSX doesn't seem to like my onboard LAN. So I'm considering buying PCI lan like you did.

According to the HCL the Realtek RTL8139 work swell, so do people across the x86 boards state, but I suspect not all brands using this chipset are accepted. Therefore people: if you had success with a networkcard, please state exact brand and type, not just the chipset it is based upon.

Secondly I suspect that, although we all use the same version of OS X x86, the hardware on which we use it make some PCI (USB, etc) stuff work on some and not one others. (please tell me I'm wrong...)

More than different brands of the Realtek 8139 NIC is the different versions of the same chip, some there are A,B,C, and D. I read somewhere that the D version does not work fully, I don't rememner where exactly.

Just some additional info:

I have a RTL8139C that works on my ASROCK 939 DUAL SATA2 without problems. Don't know the manufacturer though, it's just some cheap 5 bucks NIC I picked up at a computer store 2 or 3 years ago.

Now my card WORK!!!

It's Mentor Fast Adapters Realtek RTL8139D

It's strange I move this card from frist PCI slot to Third PCI slot and so it works

Thanks you!!!!

Maybe in the other slot it was sharing an IRQ with other component.

• 1 year later...

I got a Notebok Toshiba A110-238. In windows it says i got a "Realtek RTL8139/810x" with the following vendor and device info: "VEN_10EC DEV_8136". Yes 8136.

In 10.4.7. the pci ethernet adapter is greyad out and when i edit plist for rtl8139.kext to match 8136, network pane crash.

Any clue?