Realtek 8112L - Ethernet Not Connected

C33j

4 posts in this topic

Hey Gang,

A few nights ago I finished installing Snow Leopard on my machine using this guide.

I installed the 1602 version of the BIOS rather than the old one featured in the guide, but other than, I didn't really deviate from the steps it detailed.

Everything worked immediately, with the exception of the Ethernet driver. The network dialog shows the network as 'ethernet not connected', but I see LED activity on the appropriate port on my switch, so the card is at least passing frames.

So far I've tried adding the RealtekR1000 kext, but this had no effect. I understood from research that the vanilla RealtekR8169 kext actually covered the Realtek 8112L on my board, but this doesn't seem to be the case.

I've searched the forums but have been unable to find any others with the same symptoms.

Any ideas?

C33j

My build:

Mainboard - Asus P7P55D-E PRO (1602 BIOS)

CPU - Core i5 760

Video - Geforce GTX 285 Mac Edition

RAM - 4 x 2GB Corsair DDR3

yeah its built into that kext

try EthernetBuiltIn=Yes at boot

Thanks for the info. I tried the EthernetBuiltin=Yes at boot, but to no effect I'm afraid.

I have solved the problem though, by adding lnx2mac's Realtek kext.

After a reboot, the network came straight up. I'm streaming an Internet radio station through iTunes as I type this.

As an aside, I purchased a Apple Magic Mouse today and a wired keyboard, both of which are great. I tried an Asus BT211 dongle (as opposed to the BT21, which I'm told works out of the box), and it didn't work. I replaced it with another from a Windows machine that I can't vouch for the make of, and it worked first go. So, the lesson here is that the Asus BT211 does not work out of the box. Probably someone has a kext.

Thanks again for the help!

Thanks for the info. I tried the EthernetBuiltin=Yes at boot, but to no effect I'm afraid.

I have solved the problem though, by adding lnx2mac's Realtek kext.

After a reboot, the network came straight up. I'm streaming an Internet radio station through iTunes as I type this.

As an aside, I purchased a Apple Magic Mouse today and a wired keyboard, both of which are great. I tried an Asus BT211 dongle (as opposed to the BT21, which I'm told works out of the box), and it didn't work. I replaced it with another from a Windows machine that I can't vouch for the make of, and it worked first go. So, the lesson here is that the Asus BT211 does not work out of the box. Probably someone has a kext.

Thanks again for the help!

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1604755

seems it went bad in 10.6.5

check the kextstat in 10.6.4 see if it works. get the info.plist inside the kext for it.. and compare to the 10.6.5+ = make a legacy devicemergenub to fix it :)