Install Snow Retail on MSI G31M3-L V2

Akisonfire

5 posts in this topic

Hey,i'm new at this Osx86 thing,so give a little break,ok?

Well,the fact is,i have this old computer i'm trying to put this Leopard Snow Retail i Got,but its not my only option,i could download another "hackintosh" version,i just want the 10.6 version,thats all.

My specs are:

Intel Core 2 Duo Processor E4500 2.2GHZ

2 GB Ram Kingstom 800Mhz

MSI G31M3-L V2 Mainboard

An Geforce 240 GT 1GB RAM DDR5 Version Video Board

320 GB HD

So,here's the deal,i want this OS to be the only one installed on my computer,so i wanna format all the disc. (Yeah,i'm a little bit radical)

So I'm using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] + [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] method from "tonymacx86" and the problem is,i managed to "enter" the instalation, it appears the apple logo and the "loading" icon but never leaves this screen. So i need some help to get it working...

a grey screen with a dark grey apple and a swirly thing? thats wayy before the installer screen. boot with -v and it will show text. wrtie or take a pic of where it gets stuck.

try -x -f cpus=1 -v also

After a lot of searching i was able to find the answer. Actually,my motherboard has an ICH7 RAID Controller,but in the bios it just doesn`t show me the option for the AHCI,and that keeps the instalation waiting for my hard drive (on the verbose command it says that "Its still waiting". But i can`t find the option on the BIOS to enable,it shows me only IDE. All my drivers are on sata conections.

edit: I just tried those options you said,the debug doesn`t show any problems,it just stops moving on on the 17 keys added,the only kext it shows an error is the CPUPowerManagement kext,i don`t think its so a big deal.

I figured out my problem my SATA controller doesnt enable ahci,do im gonna have to work this out without it. So i was on the verbose mode and the only error given was the apple cpu power management. And thats all. But it keeps loading sucessfully mac framework. But the installation screen just doesnt go on. It stops. With no error messages