Logitech Control Center 3.3.0 and 10.6.8

3 posts in this topic

Logitech Control Center 3.3.0 drivers seem not to work with 10.6.8, here.

I get lots of errors from the LCC drivers in the log:

com.apple.launchd.peruser.501[256] (com.Logitech.Control Center.Daemon[309]) Bug: launchd_core_logic.c:4139 (24498):13

So I deinstalled LCC (but the cmd key is then on "start", not on "Alt" on the Logitech Keyboard), but now I receive:

com.apple.launchd.peruser.501[256] (com.Logitech.Control Center.Daemon[516]) posix_spawn("/Library/Application Support/Logitech.localized/Logitech Control Center.localized/LCCDaemon.app/Contents/MacOS/LCCDaemon", ...): No such file or directory

I'm seeing almost the same thing on 10.6.8 as well but only a single time, after arriving at the desktop:

com.apple.launchd.peruser.501[169] (com.Logitech.Control Center.Daemon[217]): Bug: launchd_core_logic.c:4139 (24498):13

After that message, nothing.

I'm booting in 64-bit kernel and drivers mode, USB ports on ICH10R.

Logitech Wave keyboard+mouse

It looks like it could an Apple issue rather than a Logitech issue. "launchd" is Apple, not Logitech:

http://developer.apple.com/library/mac/#do.../launchd.8.html

I deinstalled LCC but now I receive:

com.apple.launchd.peruser.501[256] (com.Logitech.Control Center.Daemon[516]) posix_spawn("/Library/Application Support/Logitech.localized/Logitech Control Center.localized/LCCDaemon.app/Contents/MacOS/LCCDaemon", ...): No such file or directory

Yep, it's looking for this:

LCCDaemon.jpeg

But it's no longer there.

Try the following - since you've uninstalled LCC some of these items might be gone already:

Delete /Library/LaunchAgents/com.Logitech.Control Center.Daemon.plist

Delete the /Library/Application Support/Logitech folder

Delete /Library/Keyboard Layouts/Logitech.bundle

Go to ~/Library/Preferences (this is inside your user folder) and delete the four "com.Logitech.Control Center.xxx.xxx" files

Go to /System/Library/Extensions and delete LogitechHIDDevices.kext and LogitechUnifying.kext (the third one, LogitechForceFeedback.kext, ships with OS X, it is not part of Logitech Control Center).

Run Terminal and type sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions to rebuild the extensions cache.

Reboot and try reinstalling LCC.

• 3 weeks later...