Nvidia GeForce 210 DVI support?

jake2jake10

5 posts in this topic

hello, i recently installed iAtkos s3 v2 on my desktop and it reconized my Geforce card in the system utility thing it even has my monitor's name and everything. But it wont recognize my second monitor which is plugged into the dive port on the card. How can i get it to recognize the DVI port?

THANKS!

hello, i recently installed iAtkos s3 v2 on my desktop and it reconized my Geforce card in the system utility thing it even has my monitor's name and everything. But it wont recognize my second monitor which is plugged into the dive port on the card. How can i get it to recognize the DVI port?

THANKS!

Have you tried a custom EFI string?

Have you tried a custom EFI string?

Ya i have already tried that but what i figured out yesturday is the DVI out is working its the vga out that isnt working and i have fuill acceleration, its really wierd but anyways i just bought a DVI splitter for my second monitor so we will see how that works. Thanks!

Ya i have already tried that but what i figured out yesturday is the DVI out is working its the vga out that isnt working and i have fuill acceleration, its really wierd but anyways i just bought a DVI splitter for my second monitor so we will see how that works. Thanks!

Did you try different NVCAPs? I chose DVI-E/VGA but my friend's card also had an HDMI and VGA output. I doubt DVI-E/VGA is the perfect NVCAP for the 210 but all I needed was DVI output. Try the custom button. There is a forum post about NVCAPs HERE.

NVCAP.png

• 1 month later...

Hey all,

so i managed to get dvi/hdmi/vga, Dual Display, working using the following method for 10.6.6

1. I deleted the customer EFI string (for geforce 210) from the com apple boot completely

2. without restarting - installed tonymacx86's nVidia graphics driver update

3. without restarting - installed [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], selecting ONLY System Utilities, boot with - 32bit Graphics Enabler and Chimera bootloader)

4. Restarted PC - took a few more minutes to load but bang...all done.

HDMI + VGA + DVI (dual display)

Now I am trying to figure out how to get the sound working through the HDMI.

Lion was a pain in the butt for me with all the pci hangs so I will test that later.