Pata/Sata combination mode

6 posts in this topic

I successfully installed osx onto an old 80gb pata hard drive that I had lying around, but I really needed more room. I used CCCloner to copy the entire drive to a 140gb SATA hard drive that was already in my computer, and installed Windows 7 on a new SATA hard drive that I bought recently. I'm running into problems booting from the OS on the SATA drive. After playing around in bios, switching the sata operation setting from [RAID AUTODETECT/AHCI] to [COMBINATION] and the mac OS boots perfectly fine, unfortunately this setting makes windows bootloop.

Ive tired the following things to see what the problem is:

- I ran the SATA Mac drive in Raid Autodetect/AHCI mode with the commands "-x -v" before boot, and after it loads the Firewire ports on my computer it gets stuck and says "Still waiting for boot device".

- I tried booting again without the commands and during loading of the OS a "No" symbol pops up above the Apple symbol.

Im using a retail version of the os with MyHack installed to boot properly. Is there any way to get the OS to boot without using combination mode OR better yet make Windows work with this mode? Or am I stuck with a small hard IDE hard drive?

Im using a retail version of the os with MyHack installed to boot properly. Is there any way to get the OS to boot without using combination mode OR better yet make Windows work with this mode? Or am I stuck with a small hard IDE hard drive?

You originally had windows installed in AHCI mode, and now that you changed it, It doesn't have the right drivers to boot. Mac prefers AHCI. Does it boot with "RAID/AHCI" mode? (Mac AND Windows?)