Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  

Need a lion DP4 guide

3 posts in this topic

I need a guide that is designed for 10.7 Dev 4.

I was following a guide for Dev 1 and 2 and wondered if they are different.

I need help creating these thumb drives I think.

Currently have 10.6.6 installed. I'm going to install lion to a different disk and Im not sure I will find a working kext for the graphics card as it was hard enough to get this one working in snow leopard.

mount OS X Lion DP4.dmg

use application ShowAllFiles to show the hidden files,

open BaseSystem.dmg

open diskutility and restore BaseSystem.dmg to ur USB Drive (dont forget to keep check list (erase destination)

after finish restore, open ur USB Drive in finder, named Mac OS X Base System, go to /System/Installation/

delete Packages alias

back to Mac OS X Install ESD, copy folder /Packages to Mac OS X Base System/System/Installation/

copy mach_kernel from Mac OS X Install ESD to Mac OS X Base System (ur usb drive)

use any boot cd with the latest chameleon trunk, boot to usb drive,

if u have a problem to install, (Mac OS X cant be installed on this computer bla bla bla) u have to use this

hopes this will work

sorry for my english

or u can to read this thread