Verizon iPhone 4 Questions

JJackson

2 posts in this topic

I currently own a Droid X -- a decent phone, although very sluggish and a little buggy. I plan to purchase a Verizon iPhone 4 next week but was wanting some feedback on the quality of the device. I've spoken to some people who say the iPhone 4 is amazing with AT&T, but that it's terrible with Verizon; I don't exactly understand the logic behind it, because I figured that hardware-wise it was the same phone and that only the network would be different. Also, can anyone compare the iPhone to Android in general?

I appreciate any responses!

• 2 months later...
I currently own a Droid X -- a decent phone, although very sluggish and a little buggy. I plan to purchase a Verizon iPhone 4 next week but was wanting some feedback on the quality of the device. I've spoken to some people who say the iPhone 4 is amazing with AT&T, but that it's terrible with Verizon; I don't exactly understand the logic behind it, because I figured that hardware-wise it was the same phone and that only the network would be different. Also, can anyone compare the iPhone to Android in general?

I appreciate any responses!

Hiya, I just bought an iPhone 4 (Verizon) about 2 weeks ago, and I used to have a Droid 2. I love my iPhone!

I don't see any problems with the iPhone vs. AT&T version (I've never used AT&T though), the reception for me is fine and quality is good. I'm not sure about data pricing (I chose unlimited when I went with verizon, they don't offer that anymore though), but I think it's the same with Android and iPhone, but over all, I like my iPhone over my droid 2.

Now, to compare it to android:

No flash. That was kind of a downer, but I got used to not being able to use flash sites, and most are going with HTML5 now.

A more tight navigation. When I first got my iPhone I wasn't sure about this, I figured it'd be harder since there was only 1 button compared to the Android phones with 4 (search, home, menu and back), so I figured it'd be harder to navigate. For me it wasn't. It was actually better, but I'm still getting used to it.

No keyboard. I actually like not having a keyboard. On my droid 2 I had one, and I would prefer to have used the onscreen one, except it was terrible. My iPhone's onscreen keyboard is amazing. My step dad has a Droid X, and likes his keyboard, but when he tried mine he fell in love with it.

Better maps. I use maps all the time on my phone. On my droid it seemed like it was bad at finding where I was, my iPhone almost always pinpoints me within like 10 feet. It's pretty nice.

More apps. I might not be able to say this for too much longer, but iOS has more apps.

Slower internet. I noticed the internet wasn't as fast as my Droids, but I got used to it pretty fast. (It's still fast, just not as fast!)

Overall, I think it's a great choice switching from a droid to an iPhone, but check one out before doing it, go to your Verizon store or an Apple store and play with one for a while. At Apple stores you can text, and make phone calls, browse web and etc. with their iPhone's, plus there are plenty of employees to ask your questions too.

AND you MIGHT want to wait to upgrade. Rumors are out there that the iPhone 5 will be announced this month or next month, I would have waited, but really wanted my first iPhone :P

Anyways, I hope I've helped a little bit in your decision, and have fun! ;)

Edit: holy {censored}, he posted that in JUNE! :P