Trouble Installing OS X 10.6 in VMWare 7.1.3

3 posts in this topic

Very new and this is my first attempt at a vanilla install. I followed the tutorial found here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=243274. Unfortunately, when I get to the "power on and install OSX" part of the tutorial I get following errors (screenshot below):

Boot failed. EFI SCSI Device

Boot failed. EFI DVD/ROM

My hardware is as follows:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.00GHz

Graphics: ATI Radeon HD4870

Mobo: ASUS PQ5L Pro

I have another VMWare machine install that is working just fine, but I can't seem to get this one to work. Any help and/or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Here is a summary of my VMWare setup and what I see when I run it (Error Screenshot):

mdmil.png

Very new and this is my first attempt at a vanilla install. I followed the tutorial found here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=243274. Unfortunately, when I get to the "power on and install OSX" part of the tutorial I get following errors (screenshot below):

Boot failed. EFI SCSI Device

Boot failed. EFI DVD/ROM

My hardware is as follows:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.00GHz

Graphics: ATI Radeon HD4870

Mobo: ASUS PQ5L Pro

I have another VMWare machine install that is working just fine, but I can't seem to get this one to work. Any help and/or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Here is a summary of my VMWare setup and what I see when I run it (Error Screenshot):

mdmil.png

You need to have an ISO of the Mac OS X DVD. You have attached the alternative CD boot loader which you can't use if you are using the EFI bios and VMware unlocker.

You need to have an ISO of the Mac OS X DVD. You have attached the alternative CD boot loader which you can't use if you are using the EFI bios and VMware unlocker.

Went and tried what you said, but still got that error. Think it might be a bad ISO?

EDIT:

Solved this issue. Turns out it was the ISO I had created. With a new ISO everything works. Thanks!