how do i make a working backup image

6 posts in this topic

iv installed iatkos s3 and everything seems to work apart from the resolution only being 1024x768. im still looking for a resolution fix i am using gma4500m if yuo know where i can find it please let me know.

before i install anything though i want to backup my clean install. last time i did it with disc utility but it wouldnt let me restore the backup later on so i had to re-install

how can i make a backup that will work?! what setting do i need to pick when making a backup so it will restore if i need it, i think it gave an error saying the img needed to be checked or something, please help because if i install the wrong kext i wont be able to boot at all and im about ready for giving up on this project.

You re-installed for no reason.

If you open Disk Utility, select the Image in the sidebar, and click on Images > Scan for restore. After that you can perform a restore as you were trying to do.

iv still got the image saved. will try this again seeing as i ruined my newest install installing some "fix" for my resolution.

do you know how i can fix my resolution without bricking my install?! its gma4500m looked everywere but cant find a working fix even though one thread claims to have fixed it.

Look around on Kexts.com, there are some drivers for this card. Some work, some don't, its a hit and miss. I can't remember what Kext I used for my buddy's laptop.

yeah i tried a few already but they always mess it up so i cant boot. how do i uninstall said kexts if i can get into safe mode?