BIOS update... nothing is happening

mikber18

4 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

following on from the Kernel Pannic Toppic I decided to perform a BIOS Update.

I logged into the BIOS and used the "Easy Flash Utility" which I believe is the BIOS update software from ASUS.

However, Nothing seems to be happening other than the following:

http://img813.imageshack.us/i/photop.gif/

http://img710.imageshack.us/i/photo1x.gif/

It says the following:

Open File Fail! loading and validating Binary file....

Also you might want to know that I used the BIOS file that I placed on a USB flash drive from this wiki site

please help... this just goes on in a loop... what do I need to do to make it work ??

Regards

In order to flash a bios with this utility you need to know how to use it. :blink:

In the left side of the screen there is a list of available drives (read drives that are connected to PC). In this list select a drive you have your BIOS file placed. Then in the right part of the screen you will see a list of files available on the selected drive. Select the bios file and you are good to go.

Some video:

Be careful with bios flashing it may sometimes go wrong.

In order to flash a bios with this utility you need to know how to use it. :mellow:

In the left side of the screen there is a list of available drives (read drives that are connected to PC). In this list select a drive you have your BIOS file placed. Then in the right part of the screen you will see a list of files available on the selected drive. Select the bios file and you are good to go.

Some video:

Be careful with bios flashing it may sometimes go wrong.

Ok thanks for the advice.... As I mentioned before I downloaded this modded bios or whatever but I'm not too sure about the content of the package because it only had one single file inside... would that be right or not really??