InsanelyMac Forum
  • Announcements

• Allan

Solution to create a topic or post.   04/24/2018

Hello guys. The majority of you are having issues to create a topic or post here. This are a problem with our current theme InsanelyMac.  Now the theme will be the Default IPS. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Sign in to follow this  
JCollins6695

About time for my next hackintosh build? I think so.

Basically, I sold my Quad Core Hackintosh Monster to a guy a while back. But here recently, I've been getting that "empty" filling without having an Apple machine around. I figured the convenient timing of Lion would give me something to do. I do understand that the odds rule in favor of the hardware not being compatible with Lion, thats why I'll be installing Leo as a base kinda OS, something I can use to mod, build, and test Kexts and make modifications to the Lion Partition.

I've found a fully compatible (with SL and Leo, not sure about Lion) system for a good price. The Tower is refurbished and the specs are as follows.

Emachines w2335 (I may have that wrong..)

Intel Pentium D dual core 3.0ghz

1gig RAM (Upgradeable to 4gigs)

250gig HD (5400RPM... as usual)

Intel 945GC & ICH7 (From what I've read, is fully compatible with a small kext mod. Res's and QE/CI)

Now, the Ethernet is also supposed to be compatible, but I am not really worrying about it. I don't have an Ethernet port or router in my room. This is where the Netgear WG111v3 comes in, its supported under Leopard and is even on the iDeneb 10.5.8 DVD.

Anyways, I hope to have the system tomorrow, and IF everything goes as planned (.. which we all know what the odds of that are.. :) ) than have the Leo on it too. From there I will give updates about how the Lion installation is going.

Advertisement