About time for my next hackintosh build? I think so.

JCollins6695

1 post in this topic

Basically, I sold my Quad Core Hackintosh Monster to a guy a while back. But here recently, I've been getting that "empty" filling without having an Apple machine around. I figured the convenient timing of Lion would give me something to do. I do understand that the odds rule in favor of the hardware not being compatible with Lion, thats why I'll be installing Leo as a base kinda OS, something I can use to mod, build, and test Kexts and make modifications to the Lion Partition.

I've found a fully compatible (with SL and Leo, not sure about Lion) system for a good price. The Tower is refurbished and the specs are as follows.

Emachines w2335 (I may have that wrong..)

Intel Pentium D dual core 3.0ghz

1gig RAM (Upgradeable to 4gigs)

250gig HD (5400RPM... as usual)

Intel 945GC & ICH7 (From what I've read, is fully compatible with a small kext mod. Res's and QE/CI)

Now, the Ethernet is also supposed to be compatible, but I am not really worrying about it. I don't have an Ethernet port or router in my room. This is where the Netgear WG111v3 comes in, its supported under Leopard and is even on the iDeneb 10.5.8 DVD.

Anyways, I hope to have the system tomorrow, and IF everything goes as planned (.. which we all know what the odds of that are.. :) ) than have the Leo on it too. From there I will give updates about how the Lion installation is going.