OSX 10.6 kernel pannic - VirtualBox on UBUNTU Please HELP

5 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I've installed OSX on a VirtualBox and the installation went smoothly however while booting, the little logo and a spinny circle is there for a bit and then it is followed by a "kernel Pannic"

the exact code is the following:

kernelpanic.png

Any ideas as to why that would happen...

in the installation proccess I followed

. Also I'm running Ubuntu 11.04 as my main OS on Asus G1S hardware spec: please have a look here

Please help

Is VT-x enabled in your BIOS? In VirtualBox VM Settings? And does your CPU Support it?

EDIT: Just read the specs, why not install OS X on your laptop natively? It should support it. (Core 2 Duo's are a VERY good CPU to run Mac on, because they actually used them before). Geforce 8600M's are supported too AFAIK.

Is VT-x enabled in your BIOS? In VirtualBox VM Settings? And does your CPU Support it?

Hi, I went to the BIOS and can't find the VT-x function at all... can you try and help. I've got the standard Asusg1S BIOS, never did an update, do it all stayed the same in that respect.... I'm sure it will be in there somewhere but I can't find it....

Also, on the internet there is this site about OSX on my Laptop but frankly I don't think I want to follow it right now because I want to make it work on my VM

EDIT

I found out that VT is not enabled in my BIOS and that I can't enable it due to the following (source Notebookbook review forum) :

Hi,

Although the CPU could support Intel VT technology, all of our BIOS did not open this function due to the consideration of stability.

So we do not have this option available in the bios nor are we planning due to the above consideration...

thks

peter!

Now... With that in mind, what can I do in order to make it work on my laptop.... BIOS update, never done that before but I know that ASUS provides you with the BIOS Flash Utility or something along those lines accessible from the BIOS because I was looking at it earlier....

On another thought.... would the fact that I'm trying to install Snow Leopard 10.6 have any impact on the fact that it refuses to boot... I mean that release of OS might have higher hardware requrements to the ones that my laptop is capable of providing...

Should I try getting a different version?? and if so... which one ??