I am stuck...Help~

5 posts in this topic

Got my new computer today and I think it's time to install OS X on it!

But then problems appear...I am going to use a external HDD to install my new Mac, so I use Disk Utilities (I have a real Mac, but old) and the Restore function to make a bootable Install HDD. After that, I install Chameleon 2 RC5 and put these files in the /Extra/Extensions Folder:

EvOreboot.kext

fakesmc.kext

IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext

JMicronATA.kext

LegacyHDA_ALC888B.kext

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

PlatformUUID.kext

Then I install the new Mach_kernel (that supports Sandy Bridge) from Tony Mac's BridgeHelper, but then removed AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext and AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient.kext in /System/Library/Extensions

But I am still stuck on boot with error:

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement) timed out

I also booted to Win7 and use the DSDT auto patcher to generate the DSDT.aml and then put it in /Extra

What's going on?

I have:

Intel i5 2400

Intel DH67CF (H67 chipset)

Asus ENGTX460 DirectCU

I really want this working...Please help~

Thank you!

EvOreboot.kext

PlatformUUID.kext

You don't need those when using Chameleon 2.0 RC5.

JMicronATA.kext

What's this for? Your motherboard does not have a JMicron drive controller:

http://downloadmirror.intel.com/19486/eng/...echProdSpec.pdf

Your GTX 460 will not work until you are running at least 10.6.5 and have installed the latest Quadro 4000 drivers from nvidia (the nvidia drivers that ship with OS X has no support for Fermi architecture video cards).

Removed them, no use, still stuck on the same error...

Thanks for replying though!

Does "will not work" means no screen at all? Or just the hardware acceleration and QE/CI?

As for JMicron...I noticed that...Removing it now

Holy {censored}...After removing JMicron, the thing magically boot up to install screen!

Thank you! You're the man!

Does "will not work" means no screen at all? Or just the hardware acceleration and QE/CI?

If you boot with GraphicsEnabler=y (or any other kind of injection method) and the Quadro drivers aren't installed, you just get a black screen.

I can boot my 10.6.3 install DVD (unmodified, restored to HD partition) if I set GraphicsEnabler=n.

You cannot have QE/CI if you don't install the Quadro 4000 drivers.

If you get a blue screen when switching resolutions, use the other monitor output.