Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  

Is there another "alternative Installer" like Pacifist?

4 posts in this topic

I got following problem: Well, as the OS X Application Installer freezes (just showing the rotating wheel icon)

I tried to fix that problem using Pacifist. It works fine for all programms except VirtualPc7. Does anybody

of you guys may know another way? Is there some kind of "alternative Installer" available?

I've been searching for a while, but could't find any solution.

Thanks! Well got Paralells runing... just one little detail: I get following messenge when starting paralells or

try starting a virtual machine...

Attention! The configuration file .parallels_common_options, which contains common Parallels Desktop options, was not found or is not accessible in the application's home directory /usr/lib/parallels and therefore it has been created locally. It cannot be placed in the application's home automatically since the current user does not have appropriate access permissions to write to the target directory.

Please close the Parallels Desktop now and copy the file /Users/xxx/.parallels_common_options to the application's home directory manually.

I exactly did that... but I'm stil getting the same message :laser:

I didn't have any problems and unfortunately I don't have any solutions. Did you download it directly from thier website? Did you download it to a windows machine first?