RC5 destroyed desktop

lyras

2 posts in this topic

Hello dear forum,

I have a serious problem. So I own the ATI Radeon 4870 and the Snow Leopard version 1.6.2. Unfortunately, I downloaded the latest Trunk ( 823) of the Chameleon RC5.

I still had the Rc4 Package, which was great. AFter installing, I recognized that the RC 4 was still visible in the Control Panel. Eventually, I restarted and the Rc5 was on the screen, so I don´t know if the Rc4 is still installed.

NOw, here is the thing. Booting is not a problem and I´m hearing sound effects( for example the start of skype) but my desktop is not visible. It´s a blurred image. I can´t see anything. I tried several options , like safe mode, verbose mode, single user and different graphics mode... no solution. GraphicsEnabler=Yes causes kernel panic.

So, can you help me, please?

I appreciate it very much.

( sry for my english)

greetings

update:

I tried with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]. Primarily, it didn´t work. Still waiting for root device issue. Fixed it with

AHCI mode in BIOS.

I still can not boot yet. Same problem as before . The image is blurred. Tried with Graphicsenabler and -f .

Do you have another solution? I have MAcdrive (windows 7) here, so I have access on the Snow Leopard drive. I could delete maybe the chameleon file.

Everything went so well before , Only the RC5 is to blame

update:

I tried with -x -f and Graphicds Enabler. It stuck at this point : DSMOS has arrived.

It means, that the video card is not supported? So, [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] still can´t fix it?

ok, video info shows that: vEsA v3.0 16mb ATI ATOMBIOS

I tried with the resolution 1024x768x32 and its not blurred anymore, its just a grey screen ( withouth the apple when booting succeeded)

Can someone help?

greetings