Last open issue: Bonjour not working

Zeppo.Marx

1 post in this topic

Hi all,

first of all thank you for such a great platform to all involved. I used it as a resource for a few years now and managed to build my first hackintosh based on great information offered here.

Details of my computer are in my sig. I managed - well, not right away but over the years - to have a great working hackintosh. No KP's and almost everything is working great. Well, except Bonjour. I need a script to enable "promiscuous mode" of my both (and I really need both) internal Realtec 8168C/8111C ports. Since that was a working solution it didn't matter that it wasn't "native". However, in the recent months Bonjour tends to just disappear. I can activate it again using the script, but not having a permanent Bonjour is an issue for me and I would like to solve it.

I did a lot of reading and the best thing I found was to use RealtekRTL81xx.kext to solve this issue. Well, it didn't work for me, I still needed to run the script.

Does someone has an advice how to solve this issue?

A few additional tidbits of information:

- I run the bootloader (Chameleon 2 RC5 r832) and all needed config files and kexts from an USB stick. That way i can move my HD and the whole installation to another machine and use an USB with a different config to run it. (which I need sometimes)

- I would like to avoid touching (changing) the original "vanilla" installation of OS X. Same reason as above.

- I did two tries with RealtekRTL81xx.kext, once including in Extensions.mkext and the other day into my /Extra/Extensions folder (rebuilt permissions both times). but it didn't work. Was that the right way to do it? Or is the only way to do it by altering the OS X on HD?

Many thanks!