6 posts in this topic

These are the components i'm running

Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L

Graphics: ATI Radeon HD5770

CPU: Intel Pentium E5400 Wolfdale @ 3.5GHz overclock

4GB of RAM

x64 bit Win7 running.

I currently have 10.6.7 booting in safemode and verbose but,

all I get is the purple aurora background and the OS doesn't boot.

I'm sure I didn't provide enough information, if you need any please advise.

- Soccerkidguy

As its booting in verbose mode (-v at boot prompt), try your hardest to see if there are any errors (It goes pretty fast on high end systems). That's all I got for ya. If/when you come back with any details of the errors i'm sure we can track it down. :D

As its booting in verbose mode (-v at boot prompt), try your hardest to see if there are any errors (It goes pretty fast on high end systems). That's all I got for ya. If/when you come back with any details of the errors i'm sure we can track it down. :D

I made a video showing exactly what happens when it boots, the last bit is slowed down/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxriHIuwTig

Hmmm...

No problems (except you have duplicate FakeSMC kexts somewhere), but it looks like your using more than one monitor. Can you confirm?

If yes, the reason why it's "hanging" is most likely because the kext (driver) your using for your video isn't recognizing your first monitor. (By default, OS X doesn't display a "Menu Bar" or Dock on the second display).

Use this "ROM" file with RC5 of chameleon (at least rev513) with "Graphics Enabler", and "Use ATI ROM". Place the ROM in your "Extra" folder and rename is as 1002_68b8.rom

See if that helps.

Hmmm...

No problems (except you have duplicate FakeSMC kexts somewhere), but it looks like your using more than one monitor. Can you confirm?

If yes, the reason why it's "hanging" is most likely because the kext (driver) your using for your video isn't recognizing your first monitor. (By default, OS X doesn't display a "Menu Bar" or Dock on the second display).

Use this "ROM" file with RC5 of chameleon (at least rev513) with "Graphics Enabler", and "Use ATI ROM". Place the ROM in your "Extra" folder and rename is as 1002_68b8.rom

See if that helps.

I removed the second monitor and it didn't help D:

I removed the second monitor and it didn't help D:

Because OS X can't "find" the primary monitor. Look up "Use ATI ROM Chameleon" on google or something like that to get familier with Graphics injections. I'll try to look up what ATI cards chameleon supports right now.

In that link up there, there is another link to a crude guide... Try and see if you understand it.