Need help with a XFX 4850 1GB

toolbox1234

6 posts in this topic

By using a modified ATI4800Controller.kext, I am able to run a XDX 4850 card on 10.6.7. However, I can only get video off the HDMI port. When I run hareware profiler, it shows the monitor connects to the DVI port and nothing on the HDMI port. When the system boots up, it will switch to the HDMI port no matter if there is a monitor connected to it or not. What do I need to do to have the DVI port as my primary display port?

Thanks.

Did you install any packages to get your 4850 working and what ports are on there? The port setup with the 4850 seems to play a big factor in it working correctly over the port that you want it to

No packages installed. Just modified ATI4800Controller.kext with 4850's id.

Okay, is your 4850 port set up DvI - HDMI - VGA? Reason why I ask is because on the 4850's with the dual DVI you only need to edit the 4800controller put in the ID's and that's about it but for the one I said earlier, I had to end up installing a package that made my 4850 work over dvi but there are catches because it only works over dvi and not the hdmi or vga and it is recognized as a 4830 for some reason in system pro filer although other programs see it as the 4850 it actually is. And I've noticed during my boot up the controller isn't even loaded but the BIOS is injecting the info for my card.

If you have a test os x setup, you can try the package and see how it works out.

Okay, is your 4850 port set up DvI - HDMI - VGA? Reason why I ask is because on the 4850's with the dual DVI you only need to edit the 4800controller put in the ID's and that's about it but for the one I said earlier, I had to end up installing a package that made my 4850 work over dvi but there are catches because it only works over dvi and not the hdmi or vga and it is recognized as a 4830 for some reason in system pro filer although other programs see it as the 4850 it actually is. And I've noticed during my boot up the controller isn't even loaded but the BIOS is injecting the info for my card.

If you have a test os x setup, you can try the package and see how it works out.

My card have one DVI, one HDMI and one VGA port. What package are you using?

Thanks.