cannot update past 10.6.4

3 posts in this topic

hp dv 9000

retail os x snow leopard

minimal modification or kexts.

just battery monitor.

[url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] stuff you would need to boot

everything is fully functional but i am getting a boot to white screen with no error messages.

I am having some issue with installing 10.6.5 and up. i could not update with the latest combo update so i just downloaded them individually and managed to get it up to 10.6.4 this was fantastic because i was able to get my hd webcam retrofit mod working. and fixed my booting to white screen issue (related to forcewake=y) once that was fixed it then was able to boot back into normal mode. sadly the next day and im only able to safe boot. so i was hoping to get this update installed as it seems to help.

just to make it clear i am white screening again but it seems to be a different issue. and i feel the fix would be an update.

i try to instal the update and it will say that this update is not for this disk volume (or something along those lines)

i try the combo version and it just says an error has occurred.

have i missed something here?

steps taken.

installed appleSmbios.kext again

repaired permissions and so on with kext utility

Thanks for any response in advance

Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you :)

do you need more information or was i not clear about my problem.

its mainly the whitescreen that stops me booting. if anyone knows anything please help, im watching this topic like a hawk

right well like most thinks i fixed it myself.

reinstall fake smc and it now boots. i sometimes forget things, im only human ha ha,

anyway if anyone knows why 10.6.5 doesnt like my disk volume thats the issue now

EDIT

fixed by installing fake smc again, i knew i was missing something there, primarily my brain

anyone got any ideas why my updates keep failing