[Output now working][PROBLEM] Gigabyte M61SME-S2 - ALC883 - SnowLeo 10.6 - Sound problem

jankeber

14 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!

I installed SnowLeo Mac OS X on my PC. It have Gigabyte M61SME-S2 motherboard with integrated ALC883 sound. I also have GeForce 8600 GT graphics card and SATA HDD. Everything works fine except sound. I used VoodooHDA 2.7.2 and there is sound but i can't change sound level. When i unmute there is no sound....

I tried AppleHDA Patcher but i got KP ;) Probablt it's not supported on SL.

Can anyone help?

I attahced codec dump from Ubuntu 11.04

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I have updated to OS X 10.6.7 and installed VoodooHDA 2.7.2 and output works.

dump.txt

strange

what version of os x u use?

SnowLeo 10.6

Do you recomend something else?

Edit: At installation of OS X i didn't chosen any sound driver. Is that OK?

Another edit: Sound card is Realtek ALC883

I allready tried once. I'll try again.

Usually i do oficial 10.6.7 update and then i just install kernel and AMD Patch again + USB fix.

Is that ok or is there another better way?

Oh AMD that changes things. Yes u can try to update and apply the amd stuff like u did it before.

I updated to 10.6.7 and used AMD Patch + USB Fix. I installed those 3 kexts again but still there's no sound. Everything else works except sound. Is there any other way? Can you somehow help me with teamviewer? If you could make sound device working i would pay you.

@iLeopod Thank you for your help. I installed VoodooHDA and output now works which is enough for me. I'm not using input on this computer. On 10.6.0 VoodooHDA was not working well :D

Thanks again :(