Trying to install with Nawcom cannot boot

5 posts in this topic

Hi Guys

Sorry im new to this but a friend in usa wrote me a guide and his works perfect but i cannot even get the the leopard top boot . I load nawcom bootloader select leopard then it hang here (see pic below) http://imm.io/5xIR

My specs

Nawcom Bootloader

MOBO - Gigabyte ep43-ds3l

Graphics MSI - n9600gt-512-v

Sata 300gb Hard drive

OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard retail Build: 10A432 "Golden Master"

EFI empire for myhack

At the moment i cant event get snow leopard to boot so kinda stuck at first hurdle , i also changed the harddrive to atchi . thanks for any tips or help in advance

5xIR.jpeg

what cpu do you have, have you tried the legacy kernel ?

Sorry my CPU is Intel Dual Processor e8400

I actually playing around today managed to get [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] to load leopard and then could use mighty beast or efi empire to do some tweaks . Im having a real hard time as audio is working but the sound card doesnt show up on the audio settings in programs or system prefs . Also the graphics card is stuck at 1280*780 res . Been onlie all day and have a headache , ha ha guess its not easy at all to get one working !

the installation is fairly easy i used 10.6.6i Hazard all works ok sound video quartz try to get info on your mb/video and search around the forums. actually it is easier then you think just read round a lot and you will be there

Hi i got my video card working using osx tools and adding an efi string to the boot loader . Only problem i have now is the audio , i keep tring to different kext but nothing working so far in system profile shows.

Intel High Definition Audio:

Audio ID: 12

Headphone:

Connection: 1/8-Inch Jack

Speaker:

Connection: Internal

Line Input:

Connection: 1/8-Inch Jack

S/PDIF Optical Digital Audio Input:

Connection: Optical

S/PDIF Optical Digital Audio Output:

Connection: Optical

Internal Microphone:

Connection: Internal

But in sytem prefs it shows no possible output its just grayed out , here a picture of my extra folder if it helps

th_08245_extras_122_600lo.JPG