Snow Leopard On Dell inspiron 1525

4 posts in this topic

Hello Guys im trying to get Mac OSX preferably Snow Leopard on a Dell Inspiron 1525, I am using a Chameleon RC3 Bootloader with a Snow leopard disc. I have it on ACHI Sata and im using -v -f -x boot flags my drive is partitioned with GUID and Mac OSX Extended Journaled. The install starts off fine the bar keeps increasing while the estimated time remains the same usually 18 - 17 mins then when its about 3/4 of the bar it goes all the way to the end and sais Install Failed with a yellow triangle and exclamation mark. I used this same disc for a p8h67 asus i5 install. Please can someone shed some light on this for me. Any help would be much appreciated.

P.S: I know people have been able to get it running on this model, I hope this is not a problem Unique to me.

• 3 weeks later...

If the above link doesn't help, google Mac your pc and/or Daily Blogged. Both blogs have install methods for the 1525, and I have successfully installed using both methods. I like Daily blogged because after every update they post install instructions for the update, so it takes the guess work out of it.