Network issues - no IP/self assigned

2 posts in this topic

Hello all. About a year after I gave up in frustration on OSX86 stuff I decided to try it again. I installed 10.6.6i and it works perfectly - well almost. The only issue I have is with my NIC. I installed the rtl1000 kext and it recognizes it. The model, MAC address etc. The problem is that when I use DHCP settings it is assigned a generic "self assigned" IP. If I do a manual setup with a static IP etc, it shows that it is connected but it really isn't. It is not listed in my router as an attached device. It won't ping the router or any other device on the network. The NIC works fine under Windows so I know the cable is good. It's almost like a firewall is blocking it. Any ideas on what the issue could be? I appreciate any help. Other than this issue everything seems to work perfectly.

***UPDATED***

I tried one other thing. I plugged my Motorola SB5101 modem in with USB. It was recognized immediately but with the same results. Works perfectly in Windows 7. Now I'm stumped. Help?

G41-M7

Core2 Duo E7500

ATI Radeon HD 5670

Hazard 10.6.6i

Hello all. About a year after I gave up in frustration on OSX86 stuff I decided to try it again. I installed 10.6.6i and it works perfectly - well almost. The only issue I have is with my NIC. I installed the rtl1000 kext and it recognizes it. The model, MAC address etc. The problem is that when I use DHCP settings it is assigned a generic "self assigned" IP. If I do a manual setup with a static IP etc, it shows that it is connected but it really isn't. It is not listed in my router as an attached device. It won't ping the router or any other device on the network. The NIC works fine under Windows so I know the cable is good. It's almost like a firewall is blocking it. Any ideas on what the issue could be? I appreciate any help. Other than this issue everything seems to work perfectly.

***UPDATED***

I tried one other thing. I plugged my Motorola SB5101 modem in with USB. It was recognized immediately but with the same results. Works perfectly in Windows 7. Now I'm stumped. Help?

G41-M7

Core2 Duo E7500

ATI Radeon HD 5670

Hazard 10.6.6i

When this happened to me it was because I had the wrong ethernet driver installed.

Once I installed the correct driver with no internet. But when I opened System

Preferences and went to the Ethernet (EN) section, it appeared to trigger a system

poll and it found and made the driver functional in a few seconds. You might try a

search with terms: Hackintosh and your model of motherboard + ethernet problem.

See if others are using the same EN kext as you or another and what they did to fix it.

http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/NETWORK-C...for-Vista.shtml

For instance I saw this driver listed for your G41-M7, LAN Realtek RTL8102EL - 10/100 Controller [not rtl1000]

That suggests you should use the lin2mac rtl81xx kext. That fixed mine which was an 8111E. Not sure what EL means. Also you put your router address which is not your DNS Server; mine that works is on the right, yours is on the left. The DNS Server is your ISP.

post-689921-1303908988_thumb.png