Help with i7 860 install on GA-H55M-UD2H

2 posts in this topic

Hi I am just installing on a new build. Most of my parts very compatible with OSX.

Mobo: GA-H55M-UD2H

Processor: Core i7 870

Video: EVGA GeForce GT 240 Superclocked 512MB.

RAM 2x2GB DDR3

HD: 1.5 TB Seagate 7200 RPM

I just moved and it seems like I threw away all my Duble Layered-DVDs and I don't have my SL on me. So I can't install from DVD.

I tired to install from chameleon USB stick with the SL 10.6.0 image restored on it. It worked very well for my old rig (specs in my sig). Ofcourse I got the DSDT for my board from tonymacx86. Only Kext I'm using is fakesmc.kext; P/C states and graphics are enabled in the com.apple.Boot.plist.

I'm using Cham r750. My snow leopard install version on the USB is 10.6.0.

After chameleon loads; When I chose the Snow Leopard install DVD option the white apple screen splashes for a split second and then the computer restarts.

I tried running with -v -x and also single user. The trend seems to the same in all the modes computer restarts after or during the CPU information is loaded. I also tried PCIROOT=1; Same result.

Any idea what could be causing this? Does the 10.6.0 install DVD support i7 860? or Should I install with the 10.6.3 DVD. Please advice. Thanks for your help in advance! Appreciate it!Hi I am just installing on a new build. Most of my parts very compatible with OSX.

Mobo: GA-H55M-UD2H

Processor: Core i7 870

Video: EVGA GeForce GT 240 Superclocked 512MB.

RAM 2x2GB DDR3

HD: 1.5 TB Seagate 7200 RPM

I just moved and it seems like I threw away all my Duble Layered-DVDs and I don't have my SL on me. So I can't install from DVD.

I tired to install from chameleon USB stick with the SL 10.6.0 image restored on it. It worked very well for my old rig (specs in my sig). Ofcourse I got the DSDT for my board from tonymacx86. Only Kext I'm using is fakesmc.kext; P/C states and graphics are enabled in the com.apple.Boot.plist.

I'm using Cham r750. My snow leopard install version on the USB is 10.6.0.

After chameleon loads; When I chose the Snow Leopard install DVD option the white apple screen splashes for a split second and then the computer restarts.

I tried running with -v -x and also single user. The trend seems to the same in all the modes computer restarts after or during the CPU information is loaded. I also tried PCIROOT=1; Same result.

Any idea what could be causing this? Does the 10.6.0 install DVD support i7 860? or Should I install with the 10.6.3 DVD. Please advice. Thanks for your help in advance! Appreciate it!